PX200 flywheel diameter?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Anyone know what the diameter of a standard PX200 flywheel is (accurately)?

Ta

Adam
sean brady scooters
Dealer

195mm
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Adam_Winstone

sean brady scooters wrote:195mm

Ta
Adam_Winstone

Thanks for the info. Mate's timing now set up on his Malossi 210 + 60mm stroke crank, which had just holed a piston, even though it had been dyno'ed and fitted with a correctly profiled + road compression head, and fast flow fuel tap.

It may be of interest/use to some of you to know that his stator (possibly not Piaggio, perhaps LML) would only allow it to fire at just over 20 degrees btdc, even though it was turned fully clockwise on the stator, which should have been correct for this kit. We elongated the stator slots and now have it firing at 18 degrees btdc, with him under strict instructions to keep an ear out for pinking and an eye on plug colour. We have also fitted by a very impressive flow SIP (I think) fast flow tap as the previous fast flow tap wasn't actually all that fast.

With any luck his issues will now be resolved but I thought it worth pointing out to all that full rotation on some PX stators will not give you 18 degrees!

Adam
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Yeah quite common this Adam, even on genuine stator plates. had to elongate the holes on my old 210 to get anywhere near 18 deg.
Also fitted a stator this week to a mates p2 and for 21 deg it was between the A and IT marks on the stator, always check with strobe etc !
Adam_Winstone

^... not just a freak odd one then.

This had all the tell tale signs of being ignition related but without obvious markings to follow, the owner had just followed the instructions and rotated it fully clockwise. Yes, it really does go to show just how important it is to double check everything and not simply rely on what you might take for granted. Obviously, this is especially true when you start to mix and match components from different sources.

Adam

PS - Ooh, my first Vespa post! ;)
bazman

Oooh , whip yourself and 7 hail marys and hope/pray to god no one from the other side see's this :lol: ;)
Adam_Winstone

bazman wrote:Oooh , whip yourself and 7 hail marys and hope/pray to god no one from the other side see's this :lol: ;)
Yeah, reminds me of going to a Banbury SC do in a Vespa (Vespa riding mates) T-shirt and seeing all my mates rolling around in laughter and taking photos of me :roll:

I've had Vespas and think that they are very good machines, however, I bought my first Lambretta and broke down on my way home! I soon understood that I was going to need a manual and tools, and learnt that I had nobody to blame but myself if I broke down. During this time I still had P-ranges and never had to fix them, nor buy workshop tools, which meant that I had to pay someone else to do Vespa work for me! I didn't like that much (tight as!) so made my mind up to go Lambretta. You could say that my affiliation to Lambretta is a direct result of the reliability of Vespa :!:

Thankfully, I did learn that a well built and maintained Lambretta is just as reliable a scoot as its Vespa counterpart, and recognise that they are both excellent machines. That said, I tried riding a standard P2 Disc a couple of years back and found it completely alien to me. It had electric start, great lights, comfortable seat, good instrumentation, didn't vibrate, was quiet and reliable.... it just wasn't for me ;)

Adam
bazman

Yeah my feet are firmly set in both camps, done my time on vespas as a young scooterist doing many rallies, I needed a reliable workhorse as had loads of miles to cover , but had a couple lammys in that time too, more recently ( last few years ) soley lambretta.
But bought an old motovespa p2 this year and love it totally different to the ts1 but more enjoyable doing the miles albeit at a slower pace. 8-)
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Adam_Winstone wrote:Anyone know what the diameter of a standard PX200 flywheel is (accurately)?

Ta

Adam
You should know this really ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information