Avanti Base Gaskets

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
OAP
Dealer

Avanti Base Gaskets

Seen here against a standard gasket

At long last a decent base gasket that can be cut for large transfer ports that does not fall apart.
3 thicknesses 0.4mm, 0.75mm & 1.00
Details at http://www.supertune.co
Speed Demon
Dealer

I've made my own gaskets from Klingersil before - it's really good stuff because it seems to seal well without compressing too much. These should be good Ron.
Get to SULK
OAP
Dealer

I have been using Klingersil for the last 18 months & supply them with the kits, Just had a load in so I thought I would offer them out, not had any issues with them. As usual not cheap but they are quality.
Stokie

Any chance that there could be a small block version ?
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

OAP wrote:Avanti Base Gaskets

At long last a decent base gasket that can be cut for large transfer ports that does not fall apart.
It's always baffled me why they make them as they do, it's not like they're saving any material by trimming so much away.
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

Stokie wrote:Any chance that there could be a small block version ?
X2
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
OAP
Dealer

Small block gaskets:

Let me tell you where I stand with this, the large block gaskets I had to make for my kits, I did not have to make them I could have just supplied gaskets that would have fallen apart as soon as you looked at themand saved myself the beat part of £500, but that is not me.

So 2 people on here have asked for small block gaskets, I know there is obviously a good market for them but do people buy good quality gear????
Are they bothered????

By the response of orders I have had for the large block gaskets I would say not. As I said I had them made for the kit so the cost of the drawing and cutting tools were already spent and NOT passed on in the price of the gaskets. And they are made in the UK which is more expensive.

So do I want to produce a small block gasket? I would like too.......but. I have to draw the gasket, no big deal, pay for a cutting die, pay for the material, pay for the factory to cut them out and send them back to me.

Now how many do I order? 2? or 1,000?

and who is going to buy them?
I am quite happy to make quality stuff like MB but who is going to back it up and buy them because it seems to me that everyone is quite happy to buy CRAP and keep on buying CRAP.

Please tell me different. :wtf:
lozmondo

Id pay for better quality gaskets, small or large block. Going by the success of higher end products like the cyclone gearbox, the demand/anticipation for your own and MB produced clubman pipes and the sales of your own Avanti kit, proves that a good quality product, that does what it says on the tin, will prove popular.

however, until this thread I had no idea there were better quality, specifically made Avanti base gaskets ??...the word needs to be spread they exist IMO
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

email scootering Ron with a photo to put in the news/ products section of the mag
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

He's got more. I seen 'em.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information