piaggio nrg starting problem

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
col68
Main scooter: lambretta s2 li225 ts1

My sons piaggio nrg 50 is struggling to start.have Cleaned out carb and jets , petrol getting into carb ok. Could it be reedpetals ? Got a good spark. It seems as though it is not getting enough petrol to run . Not wanting to tick over got to keep throttle open to keep bike running :wtf: Any help would be good . ta col
piaggio

col68 wrote:My sons piaggio nrg 50 is struggling to start.have Cleaned out carb and jets , petrol getting into carb ok. Could it be reedpetals ? Got a good spark. It seems as though it is not getting enough petrol to run . Not wanting to tick over got to keep throttle open to keep bike running :wtf: Any help would be good . ta col
hi, my son in law had the same problem with his piaggio zip, it turned out to be the choke, its got like a wax in it, it heats up and turns choke off once it is running, his had a broken wire to the choke so it would not turn off, fixed wire and it was fine,

hope this is of some help to you ;)
col68

thanks I will have a look at that tomorrow :fb:
col68

Fitted new auto choke today and it no that :( .
RICSPEED

check compression .. it may be time for a rebore
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
col68

RICSPEED wrote:check compression .. it may be time for a rebore
I have ordered a new kit today it has done 180000 mile so not done bad . ta col
sidewinder
Main scooter: Lambretta GP 150

My gts had a problem where it starts but runs like a traction engine,only thing that cures it is to turn the kill switch off then on again ?
col68

sidewinder wrote:My gts had a problem where it starts but runs like a traction engine,only thing that cures it is to turn the kill switch off then on again ?
I have had a new barrel and piston fitted back in september,had a small leak on inlet manifold . my mate that does my lambrettas had it in and it is now running like a dream !! back doing 55 mph again makes you sick that a 50cc moped will do that by only changing main jet and exhaust. :anbrgin;
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information