MPG from a malossi 210 engine?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wax

I am considering getting a Malossi 210 engine for my 152L2 and wondered what kind of MPG these type of engine produce? I noticed that the fuel tank is very small and my TS1 only does about 20 to the gallon, so my range, even with an 14 litre tank is only about 80 or so miles.

I see this vespa a rally scooter, but i have no idea how frugal, or not, a 210 engine is? I was considering a 30mm carb, standard tuned barrel, JL pipe and all the usual goodies, just for an idea. Does a reed valve boost MPG at all?
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

My 210 Is running a JL r/h, and a 28mm dellorto and does about 30mpg
dopeshots
Xbox live gamer tag: rms789
Main scooter: GP150

My 210 is running a 30mm, JL R/H, ported cases,race crank etc etc and does about 25mpg. On the plus side it's really fast and great fun riding to rallies. Can sit at 70mph all day long.

:fb:
dopeshots

Oh yeh and a reed valve.....
wax

Thanks for that. Bugger, i was hoping for 40 mpg at least!

I like your 210 engine build topic DopeShots and i hold you personally responsible for getting me into said engines! :frog:

I had a look for long range vespa tanks and found one in fleabay with a whole 1 litre extra storage!

Are there any other options, other than strapping a jerry-can to my back?
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
dopeshots

Not seen any long range tanks.... I just stop more then ride faster to make up for time.

:fb:
Muttley McLadd

wax wrote:Are there any other options, other than strapping a jerry-can to my back?
Yep - build an engine that isn't as thirsty.
CakeAndArseParty
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

im running a mb tuned 210 with 30mil delly, rd reed valve, scorpion etc etc and get 70 mpg at 65mph ...
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

A lot of my vespa nut mates highly rate the standard 24mm carb as a good trade of between power and fuel economy. It might not be able to suck a small animal in or sound as good, but apparently will do the job quite well and give a respectable mpg.
ArmandTanzarian

If your tank is anything like the one on my 50s Vespa then it holds about a gallon. Stopping every 20 miles will be a tiny bit inconvenient. SIP do some spare wheel mounted tanks but they aren't cheap. There's room to expand the tank but it would drop below the level of the carb which means that you'd need a pump.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information