Imola sprocket advice for touring... 46-15?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lammysilver

Ive almost finshed building my engine, im after advice on which sprockets would give the best result.

Im not interested in top speed as I mainly use it around London and for touring (luggage / hills etc.), it currently has a 16 front x 46 rear arrangement.

Would swapping the front sprocket (and chain) for a 15 give me the better touring option, easier into head wind and up hill etc.

Its running the following:
Imola kit.
60mm BGM crank
GORI exhaust
Varitronic
LI150 pacemaker gearbox
3.50x10 tyre
28mm del
Craig H
Xbox live gamer tag: GI TROOPER
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Imola 186

If it any help I tried 15x46,GP 200 box,JL3,phbh28,imola 186 this was great around town but sitting at 60-65 it was screaming its nuts off
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

I ran an Imola on SX200 gearing with an AF clubman and that was ok for most scenarios, but it went a lot nicer with a JL4 and Li150 15/46!!
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

lammysilver wrote: Im not interested in top speed as I mainly use it around London and for touring (luggage / hills etc.), it currently has a 16 front x 46 rear arrangement.

Would swapping the front sprocket (and chain) for a 15 give me the better touring option, easier into head wind and up hill etc.
16 x 47 works well, that's 5.4 final drive, Imola works best at high revs. Hills and headwinds weren't an issue when I ran that gearing [with the pacemaker g.box].
IMO the Imola doesn't like top gear with anything taller than 5.2, and even then the exhaust choice is critical.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information