TS1 245 38bhp / 26.14 ft.lbs

Post your Lambretta dyno graphs here! But graphs & spec info only, keep the chat in the 'dyno chat' section ;o)
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

It's a way if showing engine efficiency regardless. However again it's all down to the dyno its run on and/or how it's setup.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
twin peeks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

how much money would an engine like this cost
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

it would depend on what was supplied from the customer to start with
id say with everything supplied as new parts using all the very best components eg cases , mag,mounts,crank,ts1, vf4,1 off inlet,pwk carb,top ignition system,big cyl head and cowlings, lth 7 plate clutch , drt sprocket, iwis chain ,franspeed race pipe ,cowlings,uprated brake shoes,cowling packer,base and head packers,race crank brgs and seals,uprated studs and head nuts,li gearbox,case machining and porting/head work and eng build as well as dyno set up ,quality layshaft and cursor ,uprated spring ,quality swivels and cable block,sel arm etc basically a bolt in brand new motor id say approx £4000-£4500
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
twin peeks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

crikey ive got nearly all that ,taffy ts1 big head pipe got rear disc ,need clutch li gear5box ,just need the money thing ,now weres my piggy bank lol,great article love it
Tom Russell

Darrell Taylor wrote:it would depend on what was supplied from the customer to start with
id say with everything supplied as new parts using all the very best components eg cases , mag,mounts,crank,ts1, vf4,1 off inlet,pwk carb,top ignition system,big cyl head and cowlings, lth 7 plate clutch , drt sprocket, iwis chain ,franspeed race pipe ,cowlings,uprated brake shoes,cowling packer,base and head packers,race crank brgs and seals,uprated studs and head nuts,li gearbox,case machining and porting/head work and eng build as well as dyno set up ,quality layshaft and cursor ,uprated spring ,quality swivels and cable block,sel arm etc basically a bolt in brand new motor id say approx £4000-£4500
That price sounds good to me for a complete new engine, tuned to this level!! I think you're going to have a long queue waiting for one of these motors Darrell :)

Quite tempted to go for a second motor myself :D
gadgetman

There's too much emphasis put on dyno figures, we all know the bhp figures are measured at the wheel but then fudged to guess how much is being produced at the flywheel. The amount of fudging can totally change the so called max bhp and torque figures as can running lean whilst on the dyno. They are good for bragging down the pub but I.ve seen a few 30+ bhp motors struggle to keep up with bikes that have dyno printouts from elsewhere showing far less. Sorry to be a doubter but dynos should be for setting up a bike not for using the figures as some sort of promotional exercise comparing one tuners skills with another's which is how it seems to be at the moment. This is not aimed at anyone on this forum just a general observation
joespeed

these figures have been seen by many,and the 'proofs in the pudding' with the race scooter being ridden by joe ravenscroft.
we can tweek more for the 'pub'!
gadgetman

I'm sure you are correct Joespeed but still producing your own fugdeable dyno printouts for engines you have tuned yourself and putting dozens of them on forums is a bit like a hotelier putting fantastic reviews of his own hotel on Trip Advisor, or a school kid writing his own end of term report. With some of the power outputs being so high when comparing the bikes with others that are as quick or even quicker on the road but have dyno figures much lower its hard to understand how that can be. Can there be such a huge difference between the readouts of different dynos?
Again I must stress that this is not aimed at anyone on this forum in particular but just trying to understand how relevant dyno figures are
joespeed

gadgetman wrote:I'm sure you are correct Joespeed but still producing your own fugdeable dyno printouts for engines you have tuned yourself and putting dozens of them on forums is a bit like a hotelier putting fantastic reviews of his own hotel on Trip Advisor, or a school kid writing his own end of term report. With some of the power outputs being so high when comparing the bikes with others that are as quick or even quicker on the road but have dyno figures much lower its hard to understand how that can be. Can there be such a huge difference between the readouts of different dynos?
Again I must stress that this is not aimed at anyone on this forum in particular but just trying to understand how relevant dyno figures are
IS YOUR REAL NAME THOMAS ?

no the readouts are virtually the same from all dyno's.there maybe some variants,
so who are you aiming this at thomas?
i've seen these scooters being dynoed their owners are not 'pub boasters' but very happy scooterists with results that could be greater,but as most scooterist it is better to play safe,an engine can run lean and with an unsafe ignition timing BUT only for a short period,
next.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

this particular scooter (TS1 245 38bhp / 26.14 ft.lbs) turned up at last years scooter shootout at elvington and set the 2nd fastest times in the road class but also beat a few group 6 race scooters (he had just come back from brighton travelling from scunthorpe and was ran on the strip on the same settings,scoot still on road and used regularly just returned from kelso from scunthorpe a few wk ago , its a carbon look scoot with gio goi graphics attends all the ride outs and meets every week

the winning scoot at scooter shootout eric copes metallic grey af race paint has graphs on here too ,another regularly used road motor at the time

the above motor has now been fitted into my group 6 race scooter and has won at every circuit attended in its first ever racing season ridden by a lad who had never ridden a lambretta before along with either beating existing lap records or setting fastest laps including knocking nearly 2 seconds off the darley moor lap record and around 3 seconds faster per lap faster than every scooter there,its current set up can be bolted straight back into a road scooter and ridden home,still air cooled,still standard ignition with lighting coils,still standard crankcases with no welding.
i asked the owners to go to scooter shootout and i built the group6 race scooter why?? ,it was because most people dont accept a dyno graph as proof of performance and many doubters exist so felt i needed to proove the performance figures on the track which i feel has been well and truly achieved

my dyno and others have the facility to fudge dyno figures by only a very small amount(approx 1 bhp) and can be seen on the graphs in the correction factor if it shows 1.00 ive selected uncorrected(youll not find one on here ) also selecting a power type eg sae/din etc can show different results (youll not see that on here either i select sae j1349 (same as dynojet))
gadgetman can you tell us a bit more about your below quote.
"With some of the power outputs being so high when comparing the bikes with others that are as quick or even quicker on the road but have dyno figures much lower its hard to understand how that can be."

id also add that all dyno,s read a little different ,most are very close but the odd 1 reads up to 3bhp lower im told,best thing is to compare graphs ive posted in the standard set ups section to the tuned set ups to get a gauge of the % increase
Last edited by Darrell Taylor on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information