ScootRS Disc brake - UK stockist?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Hi
I fitted a ScootRS disc to my GP when I built it a couple of years ago and I'm so impressed I want to get one for my SX.
To avoid another unfortunate incident concerning import duty and delivery to my work address :shock: I'd like to buy one from a UK dealer.
Does anyone know if I can get a genuine ScootRS Superfly (that's the shiney one) disc kit in the UK (or EU I suppose would be ok?) :?:
Thanks for any replies :)

Nigel
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Scooters Rock (aka Kings Lynn scooters) are I believe stockists of ScootRS stuff, although there have been questions raised about their speed of delivery.

http://www.scooters-rock.com/adjustable ... -660-p.asp
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
Jet200

kejj

The Scooters-rock one seems more current with braided hose.
scootRS.com
Dealer

Please order from Scooters-rock. He clearly does care about quality from conversations we've had. Here's a post he made on here before:
PeteSR wrote:if your buying make sure you get the ScootRS type (pressure cast) as opposed to the Sterling/SPAQ type (sand cast) - we have seen one of the pepperpot styles crack on the thinnest part of the hub and also a standard outboard one crack the mounting lugs (which resulted in the wheel rim parting from the hub after it happened - both were Sterling/SPAQ - just thought id better share this info with you
The other place linked to above is NOT our reseller. They are selling the Sterling/SPAQ items noted above because a little cheaper. We've asked them to either carry ours or please remove all the info copied from our website and photos of our items. We'll have to ask one more time, I guess.
soulsurfer

dapper wrote:Scooters Rock (aka Kings Lynn scooters) are I believe stockists of ScootRS stuff, although there have been questions raised about their speed of delivery.

http://www.scooters-rock.com/adjustable ... -660-p.asp
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... oters+rock
Just my opinion, but with service like that I'd take my money elsewhere, try ScootRS.com ;) :idea:
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Got mine from justlambretta.com, he even deliverd it free of charge as he was down my way :D , and a nice bloke aswell.
sideout
Main scooter: SX150/GP Muggy/LiS3 Avanti TT3

Thanks for the response guys! Much appreciated.
I don't have a problem in dealing direct with ScootRS, however I do like to get things delivered to work. On the last occassion our import/export company delivered my disc brake but the bill for import duty fell into the works system with potentially dire consequences. Luckily I managed to make contact and paid it quickly!
It would be far easier for me to order it from the UK/EU and have it delivered to work :)

Mike, thanks for the link to the previous thread. I remember reading it now. :!:

I'm waiting for replies from a couple of dealers regarding availability, I'll let you all know what the outcome is.

Cheers,

Nigel
TheSeeker

sideout wrote:On the last occassion our import/export company delivered my disc brake but the bill for import duty fell into the works system with potentially dire consequences.
This happened to me once with some really expensive Apple monitor cables. I'd ordered them for myself but had them delivered at work, the reception signed for them and they appeared in my pigeon hole. Never got the bill and I assume the company paid the invoice.

Don't think it would work with scooter stuff though.

Ben
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

eibargum wrote:Got mine from justlambretta.com, he even deliverd it free of charge as he was down my way :D , and a nice bloke aswell.
Sorry I've got none.
"Nice bloke" ................. sorry I must have been having an off day. :P
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information