Electrics advice for a novice please.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, i'm in the process of fitted my SIP digital speedo. The instructions say i can get power from the now redundant speedo light power feed. I have done this, but the speedo only lights up when my lights are on and i dont always ride with them on. I have a front brake light wired into the main power in the headlight bulb, so there is no room to connect it onto that. Is there any other direct power anywhere else in the headlight unit i could connect onto? Cheers all Pete.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Generally speaking the brown wire should supply power to the bulb holder, connect the speedo light feed to that and see how it goes.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mnpes

I take it"s a lambretta ;)
If you look at the headlight junction block ~ You will see a brown wire coming up from the horncasting connecting into it ~ Part of the main loom ~ This is the main ac supply from the regulator ~ Live all the time the engine is running

Go to halfords or any decent car accessory shop ask for an inline wiring joint ~ Normally blue in colour for the one you need ~

When they are open they allow you to insert an extra wire side by side to the feed ~ They have an internal blade which pierces the original feed and also the extra conductor ~ Then use the new wire to feed the speedo ~

Check if the speedo needs a fuse in the feed ~ It should say in the instructions ~ Any probs just inbox me ;)

These are the type of connectors

10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi, yeah it's a Lambretta, that's why I posted in the Lambretta tech section :D. The speedo comes with some of those clips, so I'll use those. Thanks for you're advice, much appreciated. Pete
mnpes

10 inch Terror wrote:Hi, yeah it's a Lambretta, that's why I posted in the Lambretta tech section :D. The speedo comes with some of those clips, so I'll use those. Thanks for you're advice, much appreciated. Pete

No Probs ~ :biggrin:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information