DYNO GRAPHS POWER RANGE SPREADSHEET

Want to chat about dyno result or any other aspect of graphs/power/components....then post here!
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

Heres an unfinished version of my tuned power range spreadsheet
i will be completing a similar sheet for the std dyno graph posting area so you can quickly determine the pros and cons of various set ups
ill get it finished adding torque figures and filling a few gaps,i may have to use estimates in some gaps but will state so if i do
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Great info in a very readable format. :)

Is the figure of 20bhp at 6000rev/min for the TS1 245 correct? Seems like low increase (from 5000) compared to the others.

SF
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Me too ..............

I'm writing a 'Pro' version of the Gearbox Visualiser at the moment which will have the facility to enter and store multiple dyno run data and then model it against different gearbox's, or model different dyno runs (different pipes etc) against the same gearbox.

Real nerd stuff and other additional features too.

http://avantone.wordpress.com/visualiser-pro
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

Avantone wrote:Me too ..............

I'm writing a 'Pro' version of the Gearbox Visualiser at the moment which will have the facility to enter and store multiple dyno run data and then model it against different gearbox's, or model different dyno runs (different pipes etc) against the same gearbox.

hi tony good stuff which will make your excellent gbox visualiser even better i have similar purchased software its used for 1/4 mile sprinting and is very accurate,i plot in the power curve and machine/rider weight drag factors etc etc ,i used it for a 1/4 mile sprint project on a yam fs1e 70cc lc and when i sprinted it the results were within a few tenths
ive also played with it for lambretta,s and the results from the sims say you need 36+ bhp to achieve 90mph on a 110kg lamby and 75kg rider to simulate full bodywork i selected upright instead of prone
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Darrell Taylor wrote:
Avantone wrote:Me too ..............

hi tony good stuff which will make your excellent gbox visualiser even better i have similar purchased software its used for 1/4 mile sprinting and is very accurate,i plot in the power curve and machine/rider weight drag factors etc etc ,i used it for a 1/4 mile sprint project on a yam fs1e 70cc lc and when i sprinted it the results were within a few tenths
ive also played with it for lambretta,s and the results from the sims say you need 36+ bhp to achieve 90mph on a 110kg lamby and 75kg rider to simulate full bodywork i selected upright instead of prone
Thanks Darrell, that's a good benchmark.

Sort of confirms that once you hit 30bhp on a lamby, you're better looking at aero and weight to make any sort of improvement in vmax rather than pushing the motor much further.
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

this is my first look at the dyno section , my full bodied gp lamby sprinter was running 28bhp , lightened frame , fibreglass side panels and front mudguard 85 kg plus me 75 kg , best time 13.99 @ 90 mph , i was using metal legshields , but heres the secret to get nearer towards 100 mph you do need more bhp also use thin fibreglass or carbon legshields that will bend inwards as speed rises and it does work ;)
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

Been looking for some tips on getting more accurate mid throttle settings on an inertia dyno, can't find owt really
potato
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Thats very difficult if not pretty impossible to do an an inertia dyno, even harder if the dyno has a small light drum. You need a dyno with an eddy current brake so you can load and hold any given rpm at any throttle position you select.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

tony wrote:Thats very difficult if not pretty impossible to do an an inertia dyno, even harder if the dyno has a small light drum. You need a dyno with an eddy current brake so you can load and hold any given rpm at any throttle position you select.

very usefful tool to have for road bikes where that does happen (maintained speeds/operating rpm at set throttle positions eg when stuck behind traffic or maintaining a regular cruising speeds)

the last 12 years of gp125 motor development at aprilia was all done on an inertia dyno as the team refused many offers of a step/eddy dyno as it never reflects real use on track.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Well I don't know what the team did or didn't do but I wonder how the ignition map was made? I bet at the factory they developed on a step dyno.
Anyway my response was to eibar about midrange set up and that's something as I said is pretty difficult to do as you can't load and hold on an inertia dyno.
I know what you mean about race bikes as they are mainly on or off the throttle and therefore the inertia type works well. But what about if you are flat out in 4th down half way down the straight and holding that throttle position? You can't replicate that on the inertia dyno and you won't see the heat build up. Is it possible at the mallory test day you could have prevented the stinger-too -small issue on the eddy current type as you could load up the motor and hold and find out what is happening exactly?
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information