reasonable radiator size - operation temperature range

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
mugello74
Main scooter: Lambretta DL 200

Hi Folks!

I am looking for some suggestions for a reasonable radiator size to cool a 172ccm barrel kitted piaggio hexagon 2stroke LC engine (EXS or EXV).
This engine will be transplanted in a stoffi converted lambretta sx frame from the 90t´s.

The radiator has to fit under a standard series 3 sx front mudguard.

I found that some mates are using comparable LC engines in classic lambretta chassis. One guy is using the "under the floorboard - box version" slightly angled to have more airflow and an additional temp. controlled fan. This engine is running between 212 to 239° F.
Another mate is using a big and slightly curved radiator (larger than the pictured one) in my desired position (under front mudguard), but this engine is not even reaching the 175° F.

Anyone an idea of the correct operation temperature range of such setups? I think that one is running on the top end and the other on the lower temp. range.

What about using a smaller radiator supported by two of these flow radiators (each one reduces cooling temperature between 36-41°F)?
http://www.scooter-center.com/scoweb/pa ... egory2=CAT

Any suggestions, guys?

Thanks in advance.

temp. sensor position needs to be altered.

regards,
mug
  • Information