vespa polini evo rotary

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
jonny snatchsniffer

well ive stripped down the evo after 400 miles or so, for 2 reasons 1 is the engine mounts are f@@ked and 2 becase on a smallie there are different sizes of sealing pad, i had the smaller at 37mm long or so and my new case has one 42mm, this doesnt sound a lot but will make a difference especially with the 35mm keihin im using, as it was it still managed to spit me off and break my ankle the c**t
spec is
poilini evo rotary, timings around 185/125 1.2 mm squish
ets crank cut and welded and with new cases should give me about 205 degrees inlet timing
franz pipe
35mm pwk
hartz4 clutch
polini 28 manifold adapted for 35mm carb
drt runner xmas tree, which gives me a shorter 3rd and 4th
29/68 primarys, so i have a taller 1st and 2nd but overall ratio near the same as a standard primmy box, which will also help with preventing wheelies in 1st and 2nd
here are some pics
piston after 400 odd miles of thrashing
wanky small sealing pad that went thru the mill before i got it, it was standard but the fella that had it before decided old piston circlips would be better off going round the cases, the barrel had pin scores up it lol
hartz 4/5 clutch spider with 3 of the screws that hold the top plate on still in there, one of which had sheared off and 2 i had to drill the heads off cos even my heller torx set ruined the torx holes on what i recon are shite stainless items, still a good clutch tho as smallframe ones go
cases as came apart after 2 day oil drain, surpised to say the least but i had them vapour blasted in and out
honda cr80 clutch plate as used in the hartz
the hartz4 in place, the nail varnish was there cos of rubbing issues with the small arm clutch cover that i use, a bit like a 10 spring lammy clutch, i have a good grip
pics of the little transfers, cases need to be milled and if you are hamfisted like me welded in in certain areas on the cases
exhaust port, pic doesnt do it justice
how itImage looked when the head came off (400+miles)
polini28-35mm manifold
2 stud inlet with a bit of weld
and i didnt find the clutch a problem lol
and finally it running as was, dont u just love vespas when the gear oil is thin and pulling in the clutch makes it sound a whole lot better
anyway im hoping for about 20 hp from this motor, need to dyno it tho not really for a power trip but to get it somewhere good for me to thrash, f@@k petrol and f@@k oil consumption fun is where its at
scooterslag

Sounds good Jonny, lets hope you can keep the front wheel on the ground this time :)
The mack daddy on the left!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information