gilera runner sp 180 engine side cover

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
lamblast

hi guys just bought a runner sp 180 for an auto conversion the engine side cover is plastic. can you use any of the other metal side covers off the other piaggio engines ?
shocky

[vimeo][/vimeo]
lamblast wrote:hi guys just bought a runner sp 180 for an auto conversion the engine side cover is plastic. can you use any of the other metal side covers off the other piaggio engines ?
theres 2 types one has nut that runs through the casing the other doesnt one might have an extra hole or locating hole its been a long time since i had one
gary at SRT will know http://www.shiny-red.net/sprinting/126- ... lts-101mph
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Bombay Mix Pilot

The plastic is an outer cover, there should be the alloy side casing underneath the plastic when removed, there was on my 180SP Runner.I took the plastic off and sent it for recycling.

Andy
lamblast

thanks guys ,cover removed will ebay it later with the top box !! lol , its a rolling nut engine so well pleased :D
Bombay Mix Pilot

Also you can fit the small front intake duct with a fancy air filter to the front end of the alloy side cover, makes a nice trick looking effect to finish it all off, I fitted one of PM Tuning's carbon ones with a K&N type oval filter, looks good !

Andy
TED CRUD

Yes you can .But stay away from ebay filters s/steel as they rust and fall to bits
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information