air scoop removal

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
maskie66
Main scooter: 66 li150 golden special

hi guys after bit of advice please which im sure is straight forward but i dont know the answer!!
having fitted a different seat i have had to remove the air intake scoop! question is will this affect anything??
or can i just run it like that??

t. i. a

will
bizzly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Are you using a standard filter box ?. I took my scoops off both mine, but I don't have a filter on....just open carbs
maskie66

yes everthing else still in place? just no air scoop.

will
bizzly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Do you have any room whatsoever to fit a half scoop ?...Ive seen one advertised somewhere, but not sure which site it was on. I cant see a problem with it really, but, with not using the filter and box, I don't really know for sure. I'm sure someone will let you know. Just keep checking on the post.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Dunno Will. The scoop probably serves some purpose by channelling the air flow and compressing it, would be my instinct. But, having said that it seems rather like the difference between running with an air box and running with a remote filter. I should think in practical terms if you keep an eye on your jetting it shouldn't make much difference. Because that's where you'll notice it.
maskie66

thanks for reply bizzly. i have ordered a scoop wich i am going to modify??

hi nev. obviously some air will be getting in but will it suck in what it wants or struggle?? have run it over weekend and didnt occur to me till just brfore posting this on here! am i likely to have done any damage?? hope not. hope your well nev.

will
Doom Patrol
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I wouldn't have thought so Will. It'll still be sucking in air. It just won't be as dense as far as I can grasp with my limited understanding of these things. What size carb is it? I've got a 22mm remote filter you can have if you want to try that. Might be the best solution.
maskie66

hi again nev. thats good then phew! its an sh18 standard carb. thing is nev i wanna keep air box set up so have bought a repro scoop to cut up and channel bit more in there. thank you for offer of remote filter .as always mate your the first to offer help ;)

will
joey

...what sort of seat is it ? i'd bin the scoop as it is restrictive.... put your hand over your mouth..leave an inch gap.. and try n get a pork pie in..? get my drift...?
servetakid

I'm sure late servetas and lynxs had no scoop and an airbox configuration, so I would of thought it would be fine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information