TS1 gearbox help

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
woody

Hi, i,m running a ts1 225 with a msc micron exhaust and a 34mil amal powerjet carb , which gearbox and sprocket will give me the best results i,ve got the choice of an italian LI150 box or an SX200 box , thanks
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

I used to run that setup although mine is only a 200 but used the LI box 16-46 but you can use the SX box with 15-46. Both give 4.8. Or use the LI box with std sprockets but it will probably be undergeared.
woody

Anybody else any ideas please ?
JINX

Have you tried the gearbox visualizer spreadsheet?

I am using Li150 and 16/47, 81 link chain, for a 4.99 4th gear ratio.

In the end though, it depends on your type of riding, speed versus quickness, lower end torque/how high your rpms want to be at what speeds.
woody

JINX wrote:Have you tried the gearbox visualizer spreadsheet?

In the end though, it depends on your type of riding, speed versus quickness, lower end torque/how high your rpms want to be at what speeds.
No i havn,t its all dutch to me that technical stuff , i just want to go at a decent sped on runs etc without revving the knackers off it and still be able to go up hills, or into a wind etc without dropping into 3rd all the time been recommended to put in a indian gp200 box and 19t sprocket but thats confused me even further !
Muttley McLadd

Is your barrel modded at all?

I ran a similar set up a few years ago. 34 mil Amal and a DJ/Micron. I ran 4.6 on it, and it was fine for high speed cruising. It did have a bit of mild porting though.
Last edited by Muttley McLadd on Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
CakeAndArseParty
Dryballs

woody wrote:

No i havn,t its all dutch to me that technical stuff , i just want to go at a decent sped on runs etc without revving the knackers off it and still be able to go up hills, or into a wind etc without dropping into 3rd all the time been recommended to put in a indian gp200 box and 19t sprocket but thats confused me even further !

That would give you the same final gearing as your SX box with standard sprockets or the Li150 box with 16/46

Dont bother getting another gearbox!

I would go for the Li with 16/46 and get one of those over the top chain tensioners and 81 link chain. Then if you want more speed you can put a 17 tooth front sprocket in without buying more bits

That help?
woody

Dryballs wrote:
woody wrote:

That would give you the same final gearing as your SX box with standard sprockets or the Li150 box with 16/46

Dont bother getting another gearbox!

I would go for the Li with 16/46 and get one of those over the top chain tensioners and 81 link chain. Then if you want more speed you can put a 17 tooth front sprocket in without buying more bits

That help?
shouldn,t have to bother bother about buying another gearbox as i,ve a couple of spare types , so not bothered about that but i,m gonna wip off the crankcase side and count what sprockets i,ve got in cheers
woody

Muttley McLadd wrote:Is your barrel modded at all?

I ran a similar set up a few years ago. 34 mil Amal and a DJ/Micron. I ran 4.6 on it, and it was fine for high speed cruising. It did have a bit of mild porting though.
yes pal mine has been slightly tuned by ralph saxelby ,nothing too serious though
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Then 4.8 with the LI box will be fine. He did a bit of work to mine when I had it running with the Micron.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information