CAMLAM Power jet kit help please

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
davet

Hi All,

Picked up an unused kit from a parts fair, but with no instructions. I can do the drilling and tapping no problem, but wondering if any member has the instruction sheet to assist with setting up (PHBH 30). I want to put some miles on before visiting a dyno.

Many thanks.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Setting it up on what??

lol.....

You'll have to give us a clue!

Engine, kit, crank, pipe, filter, ign timing etc???

In the absence of a reply, the easiest thing to do is fit it, switch it off and leave your jetting as it is and let a dyno operator do the rest.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
davet

Yes ok, straight cough, I forgot to be specific. Might get it right by the time I reach my 1000th post!! Anyway what I meant to ask was:-

Where's best place to put it on float bowl and whether there were any specific measurements mentioned in the instructions? I did see somewhere that every 1/4 turn was equivalent to a main jet size, but not having the instructions, I don't know.

So what I really need would be for a kind member to scan their instructions for me and PM me so I can send them my email address, I'd be rather grateful.

And.............

I know what (roughly) jetting I need without the power jet, but generally, from the wealth of experience out there, what is the tried andtested approach to getting a base setting with PJ, before making a 300 mile round trip to trusted dyno person?
davet

davet wrote:Yes ok, straight cough, I forgot to be specific. Might get it right by the time I reach my 1000th post!! Anyway what I meant to ask was:-

Where's best place to put it on float bowl and whether there were any specific measurements mentioned in the instructions? I did see somewhere that every 1/4 turn was equivalent to a main jet size, but not having the instructions, I don't know.

So what I really need would be for a kind member to scan their instructions for me and PM me so I can send them my email address, I'd be rather grateful.

And.............

I know what (roughly) jetting I need without the power jet, but generally, from the wealth of experience out there, what is the tried andtested approach to getting a base setting with PJ, before making a 300 mile round trip to trusted dyno person?

Forgot to add the important bits

Avanti (no porting)
JB corsa crank
30mm PHBH (ram air filter) big hole in panel
Franspeed Avanti pipe
AF flywheel/stator
Li pacemaker gearbox

There, I feel much better after that.
nelson pk

Put it on the side of the float bowl as close to the bottom as you can get it. The power jet itself wants to potrude into the carb veturi half way so it comes into play at just before half throttle.
On 30mm carb power jer screw will need to be roughly set between half and three quaters of a turn.
Reduce main jet by roughly 5 - 8 sizes.
Try this method to set up....
turn power off and reduce main jet size. take bike out for a spin but be gentle....no going over half throttle and thrashing. You will probably be able to richen the needle more now without splutter and missing.
Once you have your needle roughly right turn powerjet on between half and three quarters of a turn and find the best setting. Richest for safety.
Really though.......dyno is the best option
davet

nelson pk wrote:Put it on the side of the float bowl as close to the bottom as you can get it. The power jet itself wants to potrude into the carb veturi half way so it comes into play at just before half throttle.
On 30mm carb power jer screw will need to be roughly set between half and three quaters of a turn.
turn power off and reduce main jet size. take bike out for a spin but be gentle....no going over half throttle and thrashing. You will probably be able to richen the needle more now without splutter and missing.
Once you have your needle roughly right turn powerjet on between half and three quarters of a turn and find the best setting. Richest for safety.
Many thanks. Once again the forum comes to our rescue.
soupy

davet wrote:
nelson pk wrote:Put it on the side of the float bowl as close to the bottom as you can get it. The power jet itself wants to potrude into the carb veturi half way so it comes into play at just before half throttle.
i seem to remember that scootering done an artical on fitting one of these and that it had an unusual thread pitch,and that cam lam sold a fitting kit,drill bit,thread cutter ect,good luck hope this helps
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
davet

soupy wrote:
davet wrote:
i seem to remember that scootering done an artical on fitting one of these and that it had an unusual thread pitch,and that cam lam sold a fitting kit,drill bit,thread cutter ect,good luck hope this helps
Many thanks, went rummaging through my old copies of scootering and found the article.
Train Driver

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Setting it up on what??

lol.....

You'll have to give us a clue!

Engine, kit, crank, pipe, filter, ign timing etc???

In the absence of a reply, the easiest thing to do is fit it, switch it off and leave your jetting as it is and let a dyno operator do the rest.

Do you know of any dyno's or operators :lol: :lol: :lol:
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information