What do you thick ???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Tosh

Not started scoot for a couple of month due to jobs needed doing around house,gave it a shake,choke,
petrol 3rd kick away it went,then it stopped went to kick it wouldn`t go down solid thought it had locked up,put into 3rd i could shove it ?? then it started with a kick(and not a size 10 dockmartin)
but there seams to be a funny noise say like a bearing so i stopped it and now its on the bench
mystified to say the least :? :(
Hopey
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

my mate had a similar thing happen on the way to kelso a few years ago, stopped at a petrol station , filled up, and couldnt kick it over after. his locked the back wheel up tho. the problem was his gearbox endplate bearing had collapsed and one of the balls had jammed the gearbox, we tried bumpstarting it and took a couple of teeth off his 2nd gear Doh !!!!
hope this helps. id strip it down and have a look if i were you ;)
Tosh

ta hopey for that,well iv`e got a full bearing set for a 150 case iv`e been thinking of building suppose i`ll have to use some of those if needed
Tosh

well striped engine down,clutch,gears,end plate,checked shims all ok for tolerances,so before i go into the top to check up there as anybody go any idea`s PRETTY PLEASE,also there seems to be a slight wearing sound coming from the fly wheel side
but i suppose that could transmit to any part of the engine :(
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

might be a stator plate bolt thats dropped out ,worth popping the flywheel off first
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
Tosh

thanks darrell will have a look tnight all being well and will let you know
Yanker

Yeah. Have a look at the flywheel. I had similar symptoms and after going through the transmission, found that it was one of the pins that hold the magnets in the flywheel had drifted out and was gouging into the mag flange....
GP240

Magnet come away from flywheel and wedged into stator,

or, check the kick-start plunger and see if the two teeth are still there. One of mine broke off and found it's way to second gear (sudden lock-up of back wheel whilst accelerating).
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
coaster

Had similar issue on the way to last years Euro in Ireland. Stopped in Travelodge on M6 overnight, Started fine in the morning and tootled round the services to put some ait in the rear tyre only to find that the engine locked up when I tried to kick it. Gave it a bump but without success. Removed the flywheel to find that the pickup screw had come out and wrecked most of the coils on my stator :roll: Luckily I had a spare :fb:
Tosh

well the update, totally stripped casing only barrel left,what have we here,exhaust off head off very slight pitting of head on exhaust side and top of piston,took barrel off bottom ring fell into 5 bloody bits
peg missing from piston :x and also exhaust port chipped top and bottom on 1 side :x but rest of barrel ok but there was still a slight grinding noise when i moved the crank up an down :x took crank out to find a piece of piston ring bedded into the casing below the crank,managed to get it out and rubbed down with 1200grade so thats ok,now if i can get a picky onto the forum hopefully some kind person might tell me whats the best option.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information