Battery mounting option

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vRSG60
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 Lambretta GP20

I have a few 5Ah batteries from work that I plan use to power spots with for occasional use.
My scooter is an AC model and so has no battery tray. There is a nice gap where I assume a battery tray is normally fitted. My battery slots into here nicely.
My question, has anyone any ideas of how to fix a battery in place in this slot without welding a battery tray in and preferably without drilling holes.
A long shot I know but some sort of strap arrangement is how I envisage it. I do use the filter housing by the way so there's an outlet and hose on the other side.

Thanks
I get my kicks out on the floor.
carlos fandango

Heres mine :) just some sheet aluminium bent to shape, with some foam tape, to cushion the battery and the strap is some thick rubber out of a "bungie" and a chain link for the catch/clip :)
It is bolted to the back of the toolbox , i did think about a lorry exhaust u clamp, clamped to the tube and the "tray" bolted to that. Which would be a better option for you if you dont wnt to drill the toolbox. I was concerned it may vibrate to much though. :?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
vRSG60
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125 Lambretta GP20

Thanks for that.
I get my kicks out on the floor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information