Allstyles Scooters

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
coaster

rosscla wrote:Does recorded require a signature on delivery or is it optional?

I've had a few recorded packages just left on my doorstep recently and I've been in when they did it.
Yes, signature required for recorded delivery although some postmen will leave in a secure place if they get to know you.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Not certain I consider my front doorstep 'secure'... :shock:
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

After almost 2 months of sending an email every 10 days I've now finally heard back from Allstyles who are not interested in refunding me for the parcel they claim is lost, although having certificate of posting as well as Royal Mail claims form done as Allstyles requested.

Of course they are not required to, and I know that considering the previous experiences and others horror stories heard from other fellow scooterists that I should have sent it recorded, but I suppose you learn.

Either way, having spent hundreds of pounds with them rebuilding my Super Sport I consider it being very poor customer service as well as marketing skills shown from the very same company. Anyone working in business knows it costs at least 3 times more getting a new customer instead of retaining an existing, as well as unhappy customers are about 10 times more likely to tell about their bad experiences than is a happy customer.

Which is what I am obviously doing here.

They can now consider themselves having lost at least 1 customer, probably more as the word spreads among my scooterdriving friends. The scooter in queue for rebuild will get all its parts from Scooter Restorations, Scootopia and the alike, whose customer service is just amazingly good.

/.victor
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

I am amazed at the lack of customer "service" by some so called scooter traders/ dealers- its as if the various Sale of Goods Acts or the ability to "keep the customer satisfied" do not apply to them for some strange reason.And they wonder why "business is bad".................

There is still some money about, and still people wishing to spend it. It ain't rocket science but some "dealers" are unable to grasp the obvious.

Vote with your wallets gents and go where you are appreciated and they know a thing or two about Customer Service- you know the trustworthy ones.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
SouthamptonSaint
Main scooter: Spanish Eibar TV200

Without doubt the most ignorant tw*t I have ever met served me at Allstyles, sure it was the owner, was so miserable as if he didnt even want to be there. No idea of customer service.
Last edited by SouthamptonSaint on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT Guy

I don't think it would have been the owner. Gary is always very helpful and polite. I do believe i know who you mean but before you condemn him it might be worth bearing in mind that he was probably in the shop until the early hours sorting mail order out. I have often seen his van there at 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning and i know that's what he is doing. He then comes back to the shop after a few hours sleep. Maybe not an great excuse (i know how grumpy i am without enough sleep) but i suppose he is there trying to keep our bikes on the road.
A mate of mine went over to your neck of the woods the other day to pick something up from a long established dealer. What a charmer he was. No names though...
victor

In my case it was the owner.

If they are that occupied that people have to work until 2am, they have no time to serve the customers, people who work there only get a few hours of sleep etc then I suppose you are truly under staffed, right?

That you are too occupied is absolutely no excuse, especially since this hasn't changed since I ordered from them the first time a year ago. Plenty of time to hire people.
wezly

Quite the expert at running a business victor, maybe you could teach me.
victor

wezly wrote:Quite the expert at running a business victor, maybe you could teach me.
Hi "wezly", nice to get to know you.

Interesting that you think that mentioning some basic business fundamentals makes me an expert as I believe it doesn't really require a genius to understand that something is wrong in the mentioned company, especially considering the details that have been shared by multiple individuals in this thread.

PM me privately if you want business advices, I'm more than happy to help you out, whoever hides behind that nick :)

Cheers V
wezly

Oh im nothing to do with the shop you mention, its my local one thats all.

I've always found the service to be good and the staff helpful, you come across as a bit of a know it with all these posts about what they should be doing. I get that you're not happy, but maybe you could have used that business brain to realise that you should be sending parcels that need to be signed for? They're saying they didn't get it, they can't just go issue refunds to everone without the gear back, thats basic business fundamentals victor!

As for teaching me, sorry that was a joke, Im doing just fine.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information