Balancing S.I.P. tubeless rims

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Robi D

Do any of you do this? is it worth it? what are the pros and cons?
Thanks
cezeta

probably most people dont but there is a common way to do it.

a tyre has a heavy side which is where the join is and is usualy marked with a blue or yellow dot (not always) on the oposite side, this is where you put the valve so one cancels out the other.

spin your hub and see where it stops, do it a few times in both directions and it should stop at a regular place. the bottom is the heavy end. mark it with a marker with a dot. fit extra washers to the other side untill its even and stops randomly. now fit a rim without a tyre. spin it and do the same to see if the is a heavy end to the rim and mark it.

now fit the tyre with the join at 12 oclock, the valve at 6 oclock and the heavy side of the rim at 3 oclock. fit the whole lot with the heavy side of the hub at 9 0clock. spin it and see if its even, add washers if need be so you get a random stopping possition.

personaly i only fit the valve and the tyre join on opposing sides and dont bother with the rest.

i got it wrong on my jet200 and it would start to hop at about 60mph.....very odd sensation.
Frautzi

^^ That post is worthy of being made sticky^^ Good info..
Better to keep quiet and be thought of as a D!ck Head, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
soulsurfer

Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information