Opinion on this pls...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
mawso

I used to use a Kawasaki AR50 slave pot that was machined down to fit the original disc backplate without having to thread it. It was secured by the circlip and worked quite well. If I could find another I'd probably use one again, but has anybody any experience or opinions on this item that's listed on eBay?

Cheers Stu
shocky

mawso wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lambretta-Inb ... 4ab4795786

I used to use a Kawasaki AR50 slave pot that was machined down to fit the original disc backplate without having to thread it. It was secured by the circlip and worked quite well. If I could find another I'd probably use one again, but has anybody any experience or opinions on this item that's listed on eBay?

Cheers Stu
in its current format that would be a cnut to bleed oil would get everywere

this would help but you will still need to lie the disc on its side to get the best/easiest results
i also know the standard circlip can deflect and even pop out :o
a better option is an E clip as suggested by jason frost a few yrs ago
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Lamaddict

Scootrs do one tht fits under the cap making it look neat. The sccotrs one also looks slightly cheap.

I'm going to do this conversion as the next project. I'll be using the Gremica cable operated system.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I think this is just the same as the scootsrs one and the I cap should fit if you cut a groove for the hose.

I was thinking about getting one of these

A little more expensive but looks trick.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

That is quite cheap even with one of the decent banjo bolts mentioned The one fitted looks a bit cheap and nasty which does beg the question about the overall quality of the rest of the caliper.

I use one of the CS Engineering calipers with just a grub screw to bleed. It was significantly more expensive than this though. I thought it would be a nightmare to bleed but, as Shocky says, if you rest the hub horizontally on a chair, and use the end of a pencil rather than the brake lever to pump it, it was quite straightforward.

When I was looking into which one to buy, I was told the ScootRs ones are "OK" and the recommended ones were from CS and a lad from Crawley area who used to sell them on ebay.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Just to add to that, I finally managed to get the cable mechanism out of my backplate after a three hour struggle with the frickinnoir clip and then damn thing doesn't fit into the backplate...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mawso

The Venhill banjo looks like it could be a good add on. It was difficult to bleed the Kawasaki cylinder I had before I remember.
I've got Venhill nylon lined cables in my GP. British company well made and give a really smooth action.

Kawasaki AR50 slave pot I had was through Andy Horne originally, I think he sold a few of them. I had it in an innocenti hub for a couple of years that I didn't want to get threaded and it worked fine once bled and set up right.

Not seen the E clip or CS engineering cylinder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information