MUGELLO 225

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

Ive just bought a mugello 225 kit second hand ,the gudgeon pin circlip popped out and left a small clean line in the bore not too bad it left a large tear in the piston and the ring pegs are knackered ,,,my question is this , on the piston there's a b stamped in it and i have seen a c d on other piston's what is the difference , and can they all be used or are they specific to a kit?
soulsurfer

The letter stamped on the piston will correspond to a letter stamped on the cylinder, they should be the same as each letter refers to a different size
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

Thank's i didn't notice the b on the cylinder, scooter centre koln are out of b piston's , and cam lam website isn't working for me..but im in no rush..i have a 30mil phbh and a franspeed pipe what are realistic top speed on these.
Beanhead
Main scooter: 1970 Lambretta gp

mine has a 28mm carb and a 48mm ancilotti clubman,mines been measured at 83 going into the wind and slight uphill.
Facebook - Lee Bardsley

Vesperados S.C

Sent from my PC using My Fingers
coaster

Beanhead wrote:mine has a 28mm carb and a 48mm ancilotti clubman,mines been measured at 83 going into the wind and slight uphill.
Has your kit been ported in any way or is it straight out of the box?
mark

Is that a gps speed or speedo speed?
Beanhead

that was gps speed,with my tw@ nav,seconded by my mate on his auto vespa thing.

the only things that were changed was the casing,dont think the barrel was changed,run it open mouthed too,the guy who advised me on carb settings has had loads of these,his goes even better than mine,pulls like a train,hills are the best,loads of grunt.he was also telling me these barrels were meant to run with box pipes and open mouthed,used to have a JL curly pipe on mine and filtered,absolutely no power,166 vespa pulled away from me,hence the change to the other pipe.

dont get me wrong,at this speed it is screaming, dont think theres much left in it!!
Facebook - Lee Bardsley

Vesperados S.C

coaster

My reason for asking about the porting was that all the other posts I've read on the Mugello 225 seem to indicate that performance was not good. Out of interest, what gearing are you running?
Beanhead

mines running standard gp 200 gearing, i've also heard people saying about the porting n stuff,but all i can say is mines dead reliable,and pulls well.
Facebook - Lee Bardsley

Vesperados S.C

GP240

quote Lee,

" guy who advised me on carb settings has had loads of these,his goes even better than mine"

Boothspeed ;)

El Scorchio SC
Old Lambretta's never die, they get tuned..................
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information