Piston rings

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RAP 200

I ordered some 1.5mm asso piston rings[66mm ] , on the web site[well known dealer] they were advertized as asso. The rings they sent me have [ goe] stamped on them, which are indian, they are hard chrome rings and look ok,does anybody know if they are as good as asso.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

this appears to be another case where the dealer has no knowledge of the various Sale of Goods acts.

If he advertises a item as being "ABC" and supplies an item "XYZ" without refering to you first, then he commits an offence (famous case back in the 1970's- Coca Cola took on various large outlets such as Rank and Mecca, who, when asked for a "Coke" or a "rum and Coke" etc were supplied with a generic cola and not Coca Cola. Coca Cola won.......)

Probably a mistake on the part of the dealer- I'd return to him and state that you ordered "ASSO" yet got "GOL" Ask why?

It may be that most "Asso" stuff is now made in India anyway!

Probably OK, but its not what you ordered.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
goldeneye

goe stands for Goetze, as in AE Goetze. same company that made rings for most stuff, then turned into federal mogul, and were previously hepworth and grandage (hepolite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information