YZ250 conversion

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
drew2

oops :oops: ,thought you'd forgot about it :oops:,i have had it

nearly 3 weeks you know
drew2

just mounted the engine

thats the easy bit done :)
drew2

bit of bluetack :biggrin: :biggrin:
drew2

just got the shock and bracket,just seeing how it looks

drew2

managed to source a swinging arm and mounted it to the shock bracket

just trying to find a suitable spot to mount the shock

twinpooks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

looks alot of work , :biggrin: why not mount the shock in original placce and then make your swing arm brackets from your new piece of frame ,so giving you you room fo fuel tank and carb :bouncing: but looking really good 8-)
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

not major surgery to the main frame, but some nice result all the same

whats that rear shock from, as your layout is going to need a fairly soft spring? did it come from a bike with rising rate linkage etc?

with the shock in the original location it will need major strengthening to the frame as ll the strength under that seat loop is now gone,

I like the linkage idea, but wouldnt be surprised if you have to move the link point up and the shock down if that springs stiff??

just me personally, but I would look at getting the lever/linkage higher up, so that the shock was laid down up tight to the underside of the loop with the reservoir hanging downwards, then when you make the fuel tank, tunnel the top out to suit the shock, thus hiding it completely

a lot hangs on the rate of that spring
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
rocho68
Dealer

tonydevon wrote:not major surgery to the main frame, but some nice result all the same

whats that rear shock from, as your layout is going to need a fairly soft spring? did it come from a bike with rising rate linkage etc?

with the shock in the original location it will need major strengthening to the frame as ll the strength under that seat loop is now gone,

I like the linkage idea, but wouldnt be surprised if you have to move the link point up and the shock down if that springs stiff??

just me personally, but I would look at getting the lever/linkage higher up, so that the shock was laid down up tight to the underside of the loop with the reservoir hanging downwards, then when you make the fuel tank, tunnel the top out to suit the shock, thus hiding it completely

a lot hangs on the rate of that spring
The spring rate can be changed to suit once we have the subframe and mounting points fixed :D
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

easy sorted then, I wasnt aware if the shock was a rebuildable one or not, or what the range of adjustment on the damping was :)

look forward to seeing this project progress, although mines far further behind, it does make me want to go and work on mine.
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
mark

im loving this,its quite inspiring tbh,where did i put that chop frame.lol
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information