Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

gtwildcat wrote:What's your reccomendation ozoap?
Cant recommend anything, that is why Im interested in this thread. There are a lot more knowledgeable people on this site than I am.
Currently running a TS1 220 on one of my bikes and love it, but am always looking towards the next project.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

The old iron Indian barrel is still the James Bond of kits.Bore one of those out.
They are cheap too.
lockman69

eden wrote:my definition of "best" 225 would be a cast iron gp200 barrel, ported well, using a good piston, put together well!
but as thats not a "kit" its irrelevant lol

eden
I am planning on building an iron barrelled engine over the winter months, do you have any recommendations or tips you would be prepared to pass on?
Cheers
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Bore it out big stroke it out further; fit a high comp head; throw loads of fuel through the carb with a good mix of cheap good quality groundsman two-stroke oil; did I miss anything out Eden,

muopet,
C’est la vie
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

OzOAP wrote:How reliable are they?

Havn't heard about many people using them.
How reliable? Depends who builds it for you i suppose.....lol. :lol:

But you know as much about these as just about anyone else, we all know they are new and therefore information is limited, we all know they are expensive and come with even more expensive components, we all know they have been developed and tested by one of the best brains in the business, we all know two of these engine did very well in a major endurance test recently, and performed well at Elvington sprint track......and we would like to think, and hope that due to the nature of the development and the time/money behind it all, that we will have one of the best performing and most reliable 'off the shelf' kits available. Doesn't mean its 'the best' as that is such a subjective argument. But aside from all that................ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice!
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

What he said
Slow is the new fast!
sonicdave

I'm currently building a cast iron 225 with an new style mb reed.This is an old barrel I had on my first scoot when I moved to the States.It had a mb 6 petal reed block on it and a TS1 piston with a boost port in the back wall.It used to fly ,but was too loud from the inlet.Hoping the new mb reed will quieten it down a little.
Looking for a new piston for it in a plus size 70 as it needs a bit of a hone.
Has any one got any experience of the beedspeed pistons?The cheap KHC ones?
Muttley McLadd

The 'best' depends entirely on what you want it to do.
CakeAndArseParty
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

can I ask how much are the current trend of barrels... Ron Moss's,MB's,Ts1,Rb and how do they compare to the off shelf SM at Cam Lam? I am sure there isnt much in it against say an MB RT for example is there?
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

tony wrote:can I ask how much are the current trend of barrels... Ron Moss's,MB's,Ts1,Rb and how do they compare to the off shelf SM at Cam Lam? I am sure there isnt much in it against say an MB RT for example is there?
Avanti TT3: £535
MB RT: £736
RB22: £495
SuperMonza: £695
SuperMonza 'Ultimate': £795
TS1: £399

RT kit is actually more expensive than the base SM kit, but TS1 still looks good value (if they ever become available again! lol) :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information