gold metalflake repair

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
lcs99

Need to done a couple of repairs to my scooter panels, when i bought the scooter the panel was damaged (fell of the scooter) so i have 2 chips about 1 inche diameter which is gold metalflake. How can i do this? cheers
coaster

Is it chipped down to the primer or is it just the lacquer? if it's down to the primer an invisible repair will be virtually impossible I'm afraid :(
lcs99

coaster you are right. I am going to try and have a go on a spare bit of metal. I have bought some paints and some childrens metalflake flakes in a tube 99 p, the first problem is to try and match the gold paint which is a yellow gold, you are never going to match it but i will try and get near.
lcs99

Coaster, the gold came out (not very good) it is trying to match the colour of the gold metalflake was the problem.
Now i done the same with red and red metalflake on the same scoot and it come out a treat. :) used some touch up paint from halfords, used red primer, then red metalic with tescos childrens glitter 99p, then clear lacquer with glitter in it. :roll:
coaster

You don't really want flakes in the top lacquer coat as when tyou flat it down to blend it in you will take the coating off the flakes and get silver flecks :o
lcs99

Lets not flatten the top lacquer then :lol: :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information