Oxidisation

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Picked up a sound rear hub at the weekend. It was quite heavily oxidised though. At the moment I've gone over it with a wire brush and because I won't be using it immediately I have sprayed it all over with WD40 which I'm hoping may prevent any more corrosion. What's the best way of tackling it?
WINTERMODEL150
Main scooter: lambretta ld auto

Hi,I would get it blasted then powder coated and see what you have left ,you can then flat down high build primer the hub, then re- flat it down and wet spray ,all depends how fussy you want to be I suppose.

Dean
shanetv175

there is a 2 part mix called alachrome (not spelt right but thats how it sounds ) remove all oxidisation apply (spray bottle or cotton wool soaked) on till it goes a lovely gold coulour and wash with water and then paint when dryed off ps be careful of the cotton wool as it drys out it can go on fire on its own (there is a big word for that but cant spell it )
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Thanks for the info guys. This sounds like the stuff you were talking about Shane.

http://www.bryonymetaltreatments.mfbiz. ... 4520434833
Piatti

Coat with Ankorwax...
shanetv175

Doom Patrol wrote:Thanks for the info guys. This sounds like the stuff you were talking about Shane.

http://www.bryonymetaltreatments.mfbiz. ... 4520434833
thats the stuff when i worked on aircraft we used a lot of it do your head set and horn cover as well
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information