honestly don't know what set up to go for

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MCH
Main scooter: street racer px

LI150 wrote:
MCH wrote:is there a way around not having a fuel pump fitted? or is it a necessity?

are the sip heads better ?

im wanting to stay with the cosa clutch and elecy start,

is it also worth getting a different ignition system?
I tried first without a fuel pump but when tank got low I had fuel starvation. I would say try without first and see how you go.

I have tryed the Malossi Head - Compression is high pinking occured
Next I tryed the MMW Head - Didnt seem like I was getting the most out of the performance
Next tryed the SIP Head - The best quality bit of kit I ever bought for my Vespa. A tadge expensive but well worrh the money IMO

Nothing wrong with the Cosa I didnt use the one I had as I wanted to change the gearing and got hold of a 7 spring 22 tooth clutch so used that. Also I like my elecy start so kept it.

No keep the ignition you have, I just fitted a MTECH advance retard system to clean up lower revs and aid with cooling at higher by running a more retarded timing.

Hope this helps.. :bouncyeng:
as i want to run mine long stroke, sip do a longstroke version, so that you don't have to put in a packing plate or spacer, its in anodised red, for the sake of 100 quid i would rather buy that off the shelf than faf around getting one machined.

also talking about the gearing, as im running an oversized tyre on the rear, what gearing do you suggest i try?

also how much do you reckon in labour would it cost to port the casings and then set it all up?
once i have everything I think I will take it to diablo moto, even though hes best with polini kits, i know if i take it there i will get the best service
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

also talking about the gearing, as im running an oversized tyre on the rear, what gearing do you suggest i try?
This is the first 210 Malossi I have built and its all been trial and error as to what suits me. My gearing is 68/22 with a T5 fourth this is very revvy and I dont have any issues with the gap between 3rd and 4th. I would recommend this gearing as it makes it great fun but as you are using a longer stroke this gearing may not be best. Seeing as you are taking it to Diablo to set up I would recommend asking him.
also how much do you reckon in labour would it cost to port the casings and then set it all up
I try to do everything myself so afraid I have no idea on cost for porting but setting up on a dyno should not cost more than £70-£80
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information