MZ cylinder head for Lambretta 200cc

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fishi

Hi mates,

I hear often that racers in BSSO use MZ converted motorcycle heads for the Lambretta 200.

Please can someone tell me which MZ cycle is the donator ?

Thanks for all

fishi
RICSPEED

yeah i would like to know also ...mb do a remade one either blank or machined to suit
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
sydduckett

Mb do one, a copy of an MZ i believe that has been machined for lambretta studs. Was talking to Chalky from replay at lyden over the weekend as he had a similar set up on his scoot,although he would reveal what it was.. :D Twinny and i had been talking about maybe doing this on my scoot over the winter so were eager to pick his brains. I think it was agreed that the head is a lot cooler with a big scoop pushing air onto it but only whilst on the move. Which is all well and good if your racing scooters but not so good if your sitting at the traffic lights... :(

Im thinking that you could overcome this by adapting a lambretta cowelling or doing one from scratch that butts up against the back of the over sized MZ head. This way you would still need to use the flywheel but only for the barrel. Wether this would be eneough to keep it cool if you were in traffic for a long time im not sure.

Im sure this must have been done before so would be intrested to hear if it works or not.... :? :D

sorry for hijacking thread... ;)
Muttley McLadd

Wouldn't having the big fins mean it wouldn't overheat at traffic lights?
I'd be surprised if the MZs used cowlings.
CakeAndArseParty
sydduckett

Muttley McLadd wrote:Wouldn't having the big fins mean it wouldn't overheat at traffic lights?
I'd be surprised if the MZs used cowlings.
im not so sure, mb say as much on there site re the heads they sell
soulsurfer

Search Wesly's posts on here, he's familiar with using this head on a RB road bike ;-)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
fishi

soulsurfer wrote:Search Wesly's posts on here, he's familiar with using this head on a RB road bike ;-)

cant find weslys posts !! have you a link ???

Perhaps mr. Green can tell also something about the head on his racer.

fishi
RICSPEED

fishi wrote:
soulsurfer wrote:Search Wesly's posts on here, he's familiar with using this head on a RB road bike ;-)

cant find weslys posts !! have you a link ???

Perhaps mr. Green can tell also something about the head on his racer.

fishi
in that case you need to talk to chalky at replay scooters ,jb tuning do them too but both may well get them from mb anyway
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
soulsurfer

Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
wezly

The heads are made by MB, you can get them blank from him and have it machined and spigoted to the barrel yourself. He'll probably tell you they wont cool a road bike as he does everytime i order one, I and others have used them for years and thousands of miles on the road with no problems. Taking the fan off the flywheel also makes it run cooler, the drag it causes saps power and turns it into heat.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information