mb speedo

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

hi all , anyone got one of the trial tec speedo,rev counter,tmp gauge thingys that mb hav mounted a bracket to fit a lammy and they hav done all the wireing etc to easy fit to u scoot ?
jonbus

90 veiws and not one reply :roll: someone must have one fitted. :?
rbgaz

lol well ive fitted one now, great bit kit,easy to fit and lots flashing lights!!!
anyone no the max safe temp for head temp in f for a lam ? cheers
jonbus

good stuff.did you get the mounting kit that mb do for the kit as well.
rbgaz

yes i got complete kit 135 pounds well worth it
Train Driver

I got one via sandy scooters and they fitted it for me, the only problem they could see was the power supply it needed to be dc and i don't have a battery.
Trail tech sold me one of their batteries as they say it won't work correctly without one but Mr broadhurst said it will.
The battery and regulator will be fitted next week, i am using marks headset bracket but ben (sugarlump) has fitted his into the headset.
Not happy with the spaghetti wiring going into the computer
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
sugarlump

Mine isn't up and cooking yet, soon i hope. There's lots of info on mbd's website including how to wire it into a lammy AC system. I thought like 6LDA that it required DC but was looking at the manual again today and it can run on 6.0-400 VAC/VDC.. 8-)

They are cheaper from 'Moore Speed Racing' via ebay but you'll have to figure out which extension cables you need for the sensors, to save all the ball ache on a lambretta it's probably easier to get from mb. Didn't worry me as it's on my primmy. I had a head scratcher today cause the ac power cable is identical to the tach sensor... :roll:
rbgaz

i hav no batt just wired it into the brown light wire like mb said
sugarlump

Sorry didn't see your temperature question :oops:

I lifted this chart a while back from somewhere, after running an egt for a year i feel these figures are close enough to scooter use if you aim to keep it in the green (with a disclaimer, it's not my fault if you seize like i did, anyone else seen 700ºC :lol: )

teamv

Ive fitted one, but only had the rev counter working,have turned down the head to fit the temp wire ,but still need to make a bracket for the speedo as i need it to run on the rear hub.Parts are dear ,an extention wire was about £20 as was the temp wire.
ImageImage
anyone can buy a dremel, but does that make them a scooter tuner
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information