http://www.supermonza.co.uk/

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I think you'll find that Charlie doesn't run lights on his group 4 bike. Perhaps he doesn't go out in the dark either.
sydduckett

So its going to be around 2.5k for the kit and you then need to add the cost of a crank, clutch and gearbox. Presuming that you already have a fast kitted scoot, TS, RB then you will already have parts of a high eneough quality. If not then add another £1000.

If this does what we all think it will then i think thats a good price. Made me laugh when they say it wont fit a f**king clubman. Can see all the purists in tears having to cut there pristine rear runners....lol
nelson pk

I dont know for sure but i think the crank will be included in the kit. Don't know about clutch or gearbox, unlikely though.
soullad
Dealer

Fellas, I've seen what this engine can do, I have watched 2 of them go round the track for 6 hours non stop with genuine gps speeds well over 80 mph down the home straight. Its performance with reliability.
The crank isn't standard
the varitronic ignition is not the same as currently available
the cylinder studs are different
different bearings for different methods of lubrication
there are several other little tweaks and differences from a typical lammy engine, all designed to keep you going faster for longer. Have a little patience, its nearly ready apparently :lol:
In the words of Chuck Jackson "Good things come to those who wait"
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

sydduckett wrote: Made me laugh when they say it wont fit a f**king clubman. Can see all the purists in tears having to cut there pristine rear runners....lol
They will be ok,the Supertune Avanti kit will cater for their needs so they wont loose out,that can use a bigbore.
sydduckett

soosh wrote:
sydduckett wrote: Made me laugh when they say it wont fit a f**king clubman. Can see all the purists in tears having to cut there pristine rear runners....lol
They will be ok,the Supertune Avanti kit will cater for their needs so they wont loose out,that can use a bigbore.
Whats the story with this kit, is it a tourer or racer or both depending on pipe ect?

ta
soosh

Its a tourer with good spread of power.Meant to be fast,over 80mph.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

soosh wrote:Meant to be fast,over 80mph.
Bit like a TS1 then that rockets to 92 mph. Polititians call it spin. :shocking:
soosh

corrado wrote:
soosh wrote:Meant to be fast,over 80mph.
Bit like a TS1 then that rockets to 92 mph. Polititians call it spin. :shocking:
PML.Something like that.He did a prototype a few years back and it hit 80 on the 1/4.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Just read all this
Mutley.... box pipe? Mate... you need to understand two stroke tuning. You will NOT get big torque or hp from a box pipe with a lambretta casing and port area so sadly Charley had to design a proper expansion pipe to make it all work modern standards. The pipe is the HEART of a proper two stroke motor.

Charley's grp 4 makes circa 40hp.

Knowledge... Charley does use the DC system on his variatrionic just as I do on my vespa version to power dc components-eg battery and various gauges.
This Super Monza just won a 6hr race... This is the ONLY production kit to do this ever and it is a PRODUCTION KIT. The idea was to prove reliability in the public arena. If he wanted to f@@k off and blitz everybody during the spanish 6hr he would have produced a group 6 style motor. This was not the idea. Hence why he took his road bike chassis.
It is an all in one package-if you want it to perform...
this is how Edmonds works. Everything works in harmony. The pipe draws on what the ports will allow given the correct combustion temps and flow from the correct carb and ign advance retard. Its all done for you.

The super monza is a tour motor. It makes peak power around 7500rpm

Tv gearing.... I think actually that is what it uses. But there is a better custom box available too if you want more.\
It is correct that all Cam Lam kist will be specd by charley... its his name and he prides himself on that and his standards.. This is the only kit ever to be designed by a 5 year (to date)running Bsso champion.
Time... yes its been a while... but better to wait and not spend cash on an un proved product eh!

I praise this fella yes... its cos I have seen the detail and thought behind this stuff. Believe me you have no idea of the depths that have been examined. And there is NO uk scooter two stroke tuner in the same field... this guy has proved it on track 5 years running.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information