Can i use powder coat as an undercoat / Primer?

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
rocho68
Dealer

What you looking for a blow over or full resto ??? :D
wax

i got a job at an air cooled vw restoration garage when i left school, so i know my way around filler and wet flatting primer etc (they never really let me loose on top coat stuff), so i figured i could do the bulk of the prep myself. Although i bet most of the materials have changed over the years (is it all water based now, so i beleive?), but i am sure i could save a few hours prep, for a painter, if i can find one interested in taking it on, for a few hundred quid. I have had to hold back on the old finances of late, as a big renovation job i had booked in for next month fell through (just £26,000 worth of work, up in smoke!)

I would like a smart scooter for sunny days and a tatty one for winter really. I am not after a show winning paint job(although i know a good paint-job when i see one, and there are some shockers out there), just a tidy one that will stand up to use, hence the powdercoat idea.

I used to have a customised beetle, with chrome suspension and a painted floor-pan which was just stupid really. I never got any enjoyment out of it as i was too worried about scratching it. Any scooter with a big open carb will look shitty under the panels within 200 miles of riding anyway, i recon.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information