Long range tank

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Needed for ts1 with tmx35 on a jimmers reed valve (banshee V force)
Anyone know of something to fit and how much £££?
fed up with buying tanks that don't fit!
I would prefer to keep some toolbox area if at all possible.

many ta's
cash waiting.
Angry Bloke

I'm fitting a bolt in 13ltr dual cutout tank in a GP TS1 with a jimmers manifold.It fitted ok before i had it powdercoated and i'm refitting it later tonight.

Got it from Buzzsolomoto.

I'll confirm its 100% correct fitment in the morning (hopefully)
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
timexit17

Cheers for that Angry, I bought a 13ltr stainless with dual cutouts but sold it on to Frautzi as it didnt fit with the TMX flatslide.
I'd rather keep a toolbox but an 8ltr for this season fills me with dread! (Eire and Brid, Exmouth, Wales, especially!)
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

get in touch with Diablo Moto , post on this forum (the original and still the best i.m.o) it certainly will fit with a mikuni,i have one on mine , i think he can even leave you some space for a toolbox
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
joespeed

i tried all the 13ltr - 18ltr etc stainless stuff,shine nice at shows in the end settled for the diablo one,it fit into the frame and all the carbs fit too,not cheap but it will be in the long run and no problem with the abrasive polish inside!
regards
joe
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=458

6, yes 6 pages of pictures, information and endorsements (mine included) with all you need to know about Diablo long range tanks..fill ye boots
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
Angry Bloke

Angry Bloke wrote:I'll confirm its 100% correct fitment in the morning (hopefully)
Yes it fitted a treat ,much easier to get in ( evenwith toolbox still in ) than one with straps.

I didn't mention but I am also using a TMX 35 - the fit is a bit tight and I had to cutout a section of the toolbox .I'm also going to need a couple of cable 90deg elbows for the choke and throttle but it should be ok.

Hope this helps
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
timexit17

I've PM'd Diablo so this looks like a go-er I particularly liked the one that has space enough for a full size battery in the front too:
My battery is very important as I use it for satnav charging etc (funny how you never see the people that take the p155 out of my satnav at long distance rallies usually?!) I like the fact I'll be able to paint it as I like and it'll fit with no fuss either.
To be fair Jimmers did give me a 17ltr originally (with a split: never buy Durex from him!) but I let that go to Cindy as I still wanted a 13ltr at that time.

Many thanks for the suggestions chaps.
Bilko
Main scooter: LI150

Diablo's tanks are outstanding. I've got the compatment for a battery too.

Bilko's Oily Blog

Directionally dysfunctional since 1966
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information