knocking noise on scoot rs anti dive

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

hav just started to get a knocking noise front of scoot, when i apply the front brake and push down the front get this knocking sound thought it was forks loose to start with but on looking it isint so it turns out that the calper bracket which fits over the hub spindle by means of big round hole has got some play is this normal its not very old ?
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

Sounds like the kind of problem people were worried about with the ScootRS "Basic" design, i.e no bearings or bushes on the spindle. :?
Slow is the new fast!
honestbob

Had same problem there is no bearing matl at all knocking is coming from the bar connects from calliper arm to forks the bolts are just in steel holes no bearing matl and sloppy holes.
have taken some pictures
soulsurfer

This sounds about right, this is scooter engineering at it's worst and is what tars ScootRS with the same brush as other poor VN stuff, but hey, it's a bargain right?! :roll:

I have checked all the alternatives out there inc. PM and Lambretta Innovation, and the only people that seem to have thought about all angles are the Germans who are using proper ball race bearings on the spindle and an anti-dive bar with spherical bearings. They also use a better suited caliper, or better still a SIP one can be fitted instead. I'll post some pictures later.
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
rbgaz

my knocking isnt coming from the bars its the caliper fixing plate , if u grab the caliper u can c it moving is the hole to big then? is it safe more important !!
soulsurfer

rbgaz wrote:my knocking isnt coming from the bars its the caliper fixing plate , if u grab the caliper u can c it moving is the hole to big then? is it safe more important !!
It sounds worn or too big to start with, either way there should have been a bearing or a bush designed to go in there.
soulsurfer

red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

rbgaz wrote:my knocking isnt coming from the bars its the caliper fixing plate , if u grab the caliper u can c it moving is the hole to big then? is it safe more important !!

Post a pic..
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
rbgaz

i cant post pics on here :(
shocky

if you look at souldurfers pic at the right hand side slot this fits into a peg or boss on the fork link check this is a tight fit as some clunking noises come from there its normally a worn hub hafl but i have seen the boss worn as well
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information