pulling out outriggers?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Need to pull out the left hand outrigger by approx 15mm to close up the gap between the legshields and the rear floorboard. The scoot has gone down on this side and pushed it in Normally i would put some heat on it and pull it out but its been completely re-sprayed and the owner doesnt want to fu** up the paintwork. Now i know this should have been noted and sorted at dry build stage.... :o but said person forgot in his haste to re-spray... :x

Any ideas, i have had a peice of rope round it with 2 guys holding the frame from the other side but didnt seem to move much, if at all. Was thinking of taking the rear wheel and mudguard off and using a wooden drift and a club hammer through from the other side. This would have to at a slight angle though.. Would this work? Or maybe some sort of small jack to push it out?

Any ideas...?

Ta
sef
Ricko

Large adjustable spanner on the bottom of the leg, card or rubber packing, leverage is the way to go if you start hitting it with a hammer of wood you'll lose the paint for sure.
Rick
sydduckett

Ricko wrote:Large adjustable spanner on the bottom of the leg, card or rubber packing, leverage is the way to go if you start hitting it with a hammer of wood you'll lose the paint for sure.
Rick

But what do you brace the spanner against...?
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

i've used a piece of pipe 3 " diameter about 2 ft long it will slip over the leg ,,wrap the leg in cloth and apply even pressure dont jerk it or it might snap.
coaster

sydduckett wrote: Or maybe some sort of small jack to push it out?
A small scissor jack if you can get one in there would be my first thought. Failing that, if you can brace the scooter, use a ratchet strap anchored round something solid to pull the leg out.
RICSPEED

ive used ratchet straps before .....but the trick here would be securing the frame
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information