Re: 12V DC CONVERSION - HOW TO

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Yes, sorry Mike, that's what I meant. So I connect a piggy back terminal to the positive on the battery to go to the cigar socket and the other connection from the cigar socket to earth? Yes?
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
soulsurfer

Yeah, but don't forget to put a fuse on the earth side ;)
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Already got a fuse from battery -neg term to earth. Do I need another fuse for the cigar socket to earth as well??
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Only had time to look through the first 5 pages or so of this conversation, so apologise if it's discussed somewhere else, but have one question.

This requires re-soldering the stator (easy enough) to, what I suppose is, connect the two coils in series to double the outputted voltage (at the expense of the amp dropping).

Practically, how does this differ from the lcgb solution (http://www.ilambretta.com/12v.html) that only requires you to connect the brown output to the rectifier and then hooking that up to the loom and battery? Or does it at all?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

The easy version on the lcgb site is a) on a points 6v stator, this thread is talking about electronic ignition

additionally the dc stator conversion gives true direct current 12v
Donnie.
MathPOP

Hello,

I need to Update my Vespa S 50 (2 Stroke) in Full Wave conversion :D
Normally my vespa Use the same Stator 6 Poles (with some differences)

... I have contact BGM for the best way to realise this conversion. So... Now i have the new Full DC Regulator / Rectifier 12V DC Wassell/PODtronic

Like this

i have a little problem

1- For update my stator in Full wave DC i need to add the new yellow wire... OK
But my stator have a Blue and grey wire more (see the picture)

Normally in need only this wires for full wave DC: 2 yellow + Red + White + Black?

Thank you for your HELP :roll:
terryokey
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

Doing a dc convertion on ac scooter only need to change the horn, fitted are BMG dc stator and BMG Rectifier . i dont need to change the wiring loom on scooter or ignition
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

I don't know if that's a question or a statement?

But if a question, no you don't need to change the loom but you may need to adjust the wiring, best to follow the instructions at the start. All teh informations there.
Donnie.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've got a few UK rewired Indian stators to work DC with Wassell regulator. £77 for stator and regulator + P&P. PM for details.
coaster

MathPOP wrote: Thank you for your HELP :roll:
It doesn't help that there is only half a wiring diagram in your post :roll: Also, it seems to be for a scoot already with a battery :? I*n order to convert to FULL DC the 4 lighting coils on the stator need to be wired in series with one yellow soldered to either end. Those wires connect to the Wassel unit input and the black Wassel wire goes to earth and the red connectes to the lighting feed connection into the loom. With a purely AC scooter, that is all that is necessary unless a battery is being added but in your case there will be some more changes to the loom necessary but unless you post up a FULL diagram, no one can help you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information