Gearing/ exhaust advice needed

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

Ok so i'm building up rapido 225 (classic) and initially wanted an ads3 pipe but I'm trying to weigh up up if a Rapido NK Rally pipe will be more suited. Also as im gonna run li150 box, what final drive ratio could either pipe happily supportwith is kit.

My pipe purchase choice is pending any 1st hand experience I can get.

( jeff & jon get off the net )
potato
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

I would go for the ADS3, the NK pipes aren't known for being that great.
As for gearing ,that depends on alot of things like big fella/2 up/rallying with loads of kit/what scooter its going in.
17/46 might be a good place to start on the LI 150 box.
Slow is the new fast!
monkey boy

What about a 48mil clubman and 4.8 gearing,thats 17,48 on an Li 150 box
Not sure how this will work,but thats what I plan on trying on the same set up.
CHEERS AL
Eibar
Main scooter: Eibar TS1 1966

CPH Lambretta wrote:I would go for the ADS3, the NK pipes aren't known for being that great.
As for gearing ,that depends on alot of things like big fella/2 up/rallying with loads of kit/what scooter its going in.
As far as i know NK and ADS are actaully manufactured by the same builder. I;m leaning towards ADS anyway as ground clearance on Nk rapido rally is a bit extreme.

Now I currently run 5.00 final drive on a mugello 186 (16/47). I'd like to retain my virtually new Tino 47 tooth, which leaves with me with options of 16,17,0r 18 sprockets , the latter being final drive of 4.44, which is potentially a bit too much for the hills.

Cheers
potato
Adspeed

Eibar wrote:
CPH Lambretta wrote:I would go for the ADS3, the NK pipes aren't known for being that great.
As far as i know NK and ADS are actaully manufactured by the same builder. I;m leaning towards ADS anyway as ground clearance on Nk rapido rally is a bit extreme.

Now I currently run 5.00 final drive on a mugello 186 (16/47). I'd like to retain my virtually new Tino 47 tooth, which leaves with me with options of 16,17,0r 18 sprockets , the latter being final drive of 4.44, which is potentially a bit too much for the hills.

Cheers
The ADS is cracking pipe. Now I don't think we've ever had one on the Classic Rapido but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work a treat. It is designed round the bigger hitters TS1 etc but we have had great results on many Muggelos in different levels of tune.

I would expect the pipe to top out somewhere about 6000rpm on a Rapido classic, so take your cruising speed say 60mph and aim to get it just before the power tops out so leaving enough to take it a bit further for overtaking etc......So a 17/47 will be 4.5 final ratio giving 60mph all day at about 5500rpm. :) Something like that anyway :D
I run 4.25 final on my TS giving 70mph at 5800rpm I think?? :? :D enough left in the bag to take it to 80-85mph no probs.

At the recent test the ADS3 produced the greatest torque of all the pipes tested I think.

Hope this helps.....

Adam
red ghost
Xbox live gamer tag: Pleasure Master
Main scooter: lambretta gp150

but we have had great results on many Muggelos in different levels of tune.
I hope so, I've just ordered one from SC...
How come phonetics isn't spelt with an 'f'?

Check out my boobs! <-- <--Just imagine being burried between those puppies!
giankx

I've done some miles with my ADS3 and Muggy 200 and the pipe has a great spread of power, pulls from very low down like a box exhaust and revs to 7000. Actually i run sx200 gearbox with 15x46 but i think i need a 16 sprocket.
Very happy with it!
Adspeed

giankx wrote:I've done some miles with my ADS3 and Muggy 200 and the pipe has a great spread of power, pulls from very low down like a box exhaust and revs to 7000. Actually i run sx200 gearbox with 15x46 but i think i need a 16 sprocket.
Very happy with it!
Glad to hear it!! :D
giankx

Now i want to try a 4,25 ratio on my RT 240 and 30 mm carb.
Will the ADS3 pull that ratio?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information