New BGM 12v AC/DC Universal Regulators

Have a service, product or something to share with the members of Scooterotica?
RICSPEED

OK started you off in tech faq ...add to it as you wish :D

thanks ric ;)
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
coaster

mark wrote:i really struggle to believe more people arent going the full dc route ,its so easy and you have lights that are amazing.
I have to agree, the headlight won't be any brighter running DC (unless you get your stator rewound) although if using an LED rear, that would be brighter...oh and you can fit a proper horn rather than the duck fart type ;) Powering accessories is also possible while the engine is running.

But doing the DC conversion to my mind has less obvoius benifits providing a battery is fitted. Without a battery you have no lights and that's a major issue if your engine quits while you're ridding down a dark road at night, you won't be able to see where you're going, hit the bakes hard and hope that whoever's behind you doesn't notice that your brake lights not working either :shock:

Not a problem if you have even a small battery, your lights will stay on as long as the ignition switch is turned on and you can continue charging your phone while the engine is off. Also, you won't get the dimming of the lights at low revs or any flickering. It's all Win Win as far as I'm concerned.

Using Marks Diagram will give you all of the above without any other modifications if you have an AC loom fitted.
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

RICSPEED wrote:perhaps mark/soulsurfer/byron can post a nice how to right up with diagrams in tech faq that we can make a sticky :D :anbrgin;
Should be helping a mate out with doing just this to his bike soonish, I can take some photos as we go and write it up in a step-by-step stylee if it would be thought useful. And I can do wiring diagrams with straight lines :P ;)
mnpes

if you do go the dc/battery route make sure you fit a fuse or fuses ... (correct rating)

my regulator/rectifier is an old honda cx500 ... with a voltage sensor to regulate the charging

this set-up also works without a battery in circuit
mark

heres the complete wiring diagram for my series 1 with pav and extra tail/brake on rear of rack (cheers byron), i have fuses on all my bikes which i fit on the earth wire from rectifier.

series 1 with pav wiring diagram pt1 by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr
series 1 with pav wiring diagram pt 2 by mark & anne's photos, on Flickr
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

as I said on the other side, this diagram is very much bespoke for mark's bike, so less wires/joints could be used. We were just working with what we had, and adding bits to it as we went along...
RICSPEED

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information