Wiring for battery ducati rectifier

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shedboy

Hi all can any one help i have ducati rectifier one that has a battery charging terminal can any one tell me which wire go's where they are mark up as A, A ,G ,+B, E.
am i right in think +B =BATTERY E is Earth :? :? :?
firekdp

I'm afraid that the reg/rec you have is not suitable for charging a battery from a standard lammy 12v stator. You'd need to transplant the vespa coils (7 wire stator), it was meant for, onto a lammy backplate.
You need a G,G,B+,C,E reg/rec.
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

I also have the A A G B+ E ..will a battery model lambretta stator af type work with this ..where can you get a G G B+ C E and can you run a standard elecrtonic stator through this to cahrge a battery...hope that makes sence.....
firekdp

gerryjunior wrote:I also have the A A G B+ E ..will a battery model lambretta stator af type work with this ..where can you get a G G B+ C E and can you run a standard elecrtonic stator through this to cahrge a battery...hope that makes sence.....
If you mean the old AF DC type then no that is different again, similar to the 6v Motoplat system, although 12v.
To run DC from a single power wire stator you need a reg/rec from a cosa, late PX or LML machine. Wired correctly these will give a controlled half wave output befitting the battery's state of charge.
gerryjunior

Ok ive got an indian electronic stator 4 wires green to top coil ..yellow / red / white ....where do these other three go ,ive a 5 port reg from a modern vespa which has A A G B+ E .. can this system work ? ?
firekdp

Green / red / white are ignition and go to the CDI. This leaves only the yellow to go to the reg/rec. You can use the A,A,G,B+,E reg for AC only using the A,A and earth connections but, as I said, that stator/reg combination will not supply DC to charge a battery.
Jazzy

been where you guys are, then i done the soul surfer full dc conversion. Sooooooo easy.
£27 for regulator and an hours work. flog your old regulator and get some money back. :D :D
gerryjunior

Where do i get one , and do you get a wiring diagram ..i hate wiring..
firekdp

gerryjunior wrote:Where do i get one , and do you get a wiring diagram ..i hate wiring..
It's all in here http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 6&start=20
gerryjunior

Thanks , that looks within my capability's ,ill give it a go..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information