damper stud dimentions

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RICSPEED

would some kind soul tell me these dimentions ,dont have any at hand
i need to make some with an m8 thread as my links have been rethreaded at some point

Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
shocky

the original style ones i have are A=13MM B=7MM C=13MM D=23MM
REMADE STAINLESS A=12MM B=10MM C=13MM D=31MM
some of the new ones lead to the bottom bush being forced out due to the dampers not running true (when looking from the front of the scooter) this is cured(bottom bush being pushed of not the running true prob in fact it makes it worse) by fitting a 19mm penny washer(6mm hole) either side this is because dimension B is to big
also A can be to long and bottom out before B is fully home and some people keep on winding them down and shear them of or wreck the stud threads (ive repaired approx 10 like this)
its not normally poss to fit penny washers on the original ones becouse D is not long enough
dimension B can be up to 13mm depending on supplier :roll:
Last edited by shocky on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RICSPEED

thanks ,suggestions noted and will mod accordingly :D
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

You may also find that the round shoulder on B causes the damper to sit askew when looked at from side and front. If the rounded shoulder is removed, the damper sits straight from both views.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
shocky

dapper wrote:You may also find that the round shoulder on B causes the damper to sit askew when looked at from side and front. If the rounded shoulder is removed, the damper sits straight from both views.
THATS WHAT I MENT :oops: but put a C instead of a B
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
RICSPEED

right so do away with the shoulder on the hex section ,perhaps a bigger hex bar to start with ?
shocky

if i was making one i would do that yes and use a spacer or washers to pack the damper in or out so that it sat square running up the forks
in the above pic i used a long inlet manifold stud and turned the one end down to 6mm and threaded it , then used washers to get the correct height or as close as correct as i could not enough packing will allow the damper to hit the forks
second pics shows that even with 5.5mm packing there was still a gap of around 1,5mm on the top damper lug some people would have just fitted it but the person whos forks they were wanted them spot on and why not it was a challange :lol: for me but i had nothing better to do and enjoyed being able to help him and others
shocky

this pic shows the type that push the damper out
in order to get the damper to run true from the side and the front i would have had to pack the top mount out by 6mm :shock:
RICSPEED

shocky

to much info for a simple question huh pmsl
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information