KEGRA T5 190 KIT!!!!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:42 pm

I had a MB 180 back in the day, DT175 piston, casing opened for the cylinder spigot, cylinder head slotted into top of cylinder. I recall it being incredibly torquey and smooth. I inherited the engine off a friend who had it built but then had a bad smash on his P2 and didn't want to ride anymore. The engine came without a clutch so being skint I just threw any old clutch at it which made it unreliable and I eventually sold it without getting the best out of it.

225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:22 pm

Can you remember the exhaust you used?
I've managed to aquire an early mk1 mikeck to use on mine, the cylinders going off to Kegra next week for a fettle and piston so hopefully after doing some crank and inlet work it should be ready to abuse in the next couple of weeks....

johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:49 pm

225worb wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:22 pm
Can you remember the exhaust you used?
I've managed to aquire an early mk1 mikeck to use on mine, the cylinders going off to Kegra next week for a fettle and piston so hopefully after doing some crank and inlet work it should be ready to abuse in the next couple of weeks....
Mine used a PM exhaust at that time. The bloke who got it off me discovered a lengthwise crack in the down pipe that was invisible unless the bike was being revved under load. Probably why I couldn't get it jetted in. In my defence, I was skint and trying to run a thoroughbred motor on dole money at the time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information