LTH reed valve

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
arthur

now people have just completed 500 miles on my rapido 225 race reed valve goes well but now that i want to give some i think its pinking after half throttle got a squish of 1.45 and my main jet is a 144 any ideas cheers art
sean brady scooters
Dealer

whats the comp ratio exactly,and what is your timing ?
squish would be better at 1.2 ish
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

if its got det at midrange then look at midrange settings.. forget the main jet. What atomiser? What timing? What needle etc and what pipe... race rapido is a high port timing thing also so you will need to be pretty good with it to get it as driveable as poss...
I bet you are on a 264 on a 28 or 30mm carb. Try to run the largest atomiser you can. This half throttle is where the bike lives most of the time so it has to be right. 268 is more like it. Let us know the rest of the spec fella.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
arthur

hopefully all will be sorted when it goes into the scooterotica workshop on saturday ,shame to miss Brid but i've had a poor scooter season with engines issues time to sort em..
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

arthur wrote:hopefully all will be sorted when it goes into the scooterotica workshop on saturday ,shame to miss Brid but i've had a poor scooter season with engines issues time to sort em..

Just the right place Art, erm does this mean your staying around a bit longer.. :D
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
arthur

well had a good day out there today learnt a thing or two,good dyno session,good spead of power thanks Dan and Sean pleased to have met yer art.
ArmandTanzarian

arthur wrote:now people have just completed 500 miles on my rapido 225 race reed valve goes well but now that i want to give some i think its pinking after half throttle got a squish of 1.45 and my main jet is a 144 any ideas cheers art
Mine did exactly the same thing fitted to a Mugello. Pulled like a train but pinked mid-range. I couldn't fix it and neither could the dealer who fitted it even after several dyno sessions and two carbs. Eventually I had to ditch the JL expansion and use a box pipe. That nearly cured it but I still had to richen it to the point where the power was well down. Still goes well but nowhere near what it was with the iffy mid range.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
arthur

ArmandTanzarian wrote:
arthur wrote:now people have just completed 500 miles on my rapido 225 race reed valve goes well but now that i want to give some i think its pinking after half throttle got a squish of 1.45 and my main jet is a 144 any ideas cheers art
Mine did exactly the same thing fitted to a Mugello. Pulled like a train but pinked mid-range. I couldn't fix it and neither could the dealer who fitted it even after several dyno sessions and two carbs. Eventually I had to ditch the JL expansion and use a box pipe. That nearly cured it but I still had to richen it to the point where the power was well down. Still goes well but nowhere near what it was with the iffy mid range.
i've still got a bit of pinking but we think we know the cause which will be addressed on thursday hopfully when i've a bit more time
ArmandTanzarian

arthur wrote:
ArmandTanzarian wrote:
i've still got a bit of pinking but we think we know the cause which will be addressed on thursday hopfully when i've a bit more time
Let us know how you get on, if mine was set up perfectly it would be easily the best scoot I've ever ridden. Masses of torque, fast and not too bad on fuel.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Is the fix for the pinking somthing anyone could do or is somthing going to have to go to the machine shop. :?:
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information