rally project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
vesbrettas

ive decicded to build my rally that i started about five years ago and it got to the strip down stage and has been in the garage ever since, my plan was to do it as a race r style but plans have changed so its now going to look a little more standard with the addition of a disc break and a tuned motor, so i thought id had some pics as im doing stuff.

yesterday i done the headset master cylinder while i should have been fixing customers scooters not finished yet but getting there

Diablo
Dealer

Top job that Dan. How did you do it?
vesbrettas

i cut the old mount off then had the front of that welded back on so the front of the bars are straight under the master then had loads of ally welded on and spent about four hours filng and sanding to get it to look like its ment to be there
guygrrr
Main scooter: 1980 Vespa P187

nice job, that looks the business.
----------------------
more can do, less doodoo.
CPH Lambretta
Main scooter: DL 150 1970

That really does look like a top job! Well done.
Keep us posted as it progreses
Slow is the new fast!
The prisoner
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

Nice job,
i'm also into a "slight" transformation of my Rally... :roll: in an 90's street racer style.
Your master cylinder option is very good, my handlebar is slightly dropped (90SS style) with PX milenium master cylinder.
What type of fork will you use? I've got an early PX one with 16 mm Grimeca disc brake and a good old T5 front mudguard, but now i'm not sure about the result.
I've already done the same thing thing one my TS 15 years ago but now :?: The rest is "period correct" with folding kickstart lever, giuliari super-corsa seat ,etc...
Any idea about the Worb5 Rally front disc conversion?
Keep us informed of your project.
RICSPEED

t5 mudguard on a rally must look a bit odd surely?
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
The prisoner
Main scooter: Serveta Jet 200

RICSPEED wrote:t5 mudguard on a rally must look a bit odd surely?
Will take some pictures and the forum "usual suspects" will give their opinion on it :idea:

Anyone tried this worb5 rally front fork with disc brake?

vesbrettas

for forks ill be using pk xl, the worb 5 brake does look good and i probaby would have used one but when i started he didnt do them anf i gave my rally forks to a mate. this was also going ti have drops rear disc hyraulic clutch which ive got and are all new and have been sat in a box for five years but now decided against it. im also after an 70s guiari slope back seat but cant find one so if anybodys got one at the back of the shed let me know even one to borrow so i can copy it that would be great
vesbrettas

done a bit more last night, couldnt fine anybody with a lathe the right size to take the threads on the top of the forks so had to file it by hand a very time consuming job as i has to be pretty spot on as if not the head set can break when you tighten it up, still a bit of messing around with the mudgaurd think it needs to come a down a bit at the back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information