step by step watercooled lambretta kdx220 setup

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
rocho68
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:i think i want one :bouncing:

did you use 150 or 200 case ???
uses 125/150 casings
RICSPEED

i suppose a custom mag and build up the gasket face is one way round milling into the transfer if your mounting the pump there
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
twin peeks
Main scooter: gp200 ts1

ca u still get the crank in when the plate is welded on ,i had aload of bother on my ktm barrelled motor with along rod u need lots more clearance tack it and try it ,i would make the plate bolt on ,looks lovely job tho
mark

love all these engine upgrades :P
carlos fandango

Loving it Rocho :D :D
Will you be using that af crank :o
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
rocho68
Dealer

carlos fandango wrote:Loving it Rocho :D :D
hi carlos , the cranks a maz that paul at pjs done for me but told me it didnt need welding as its to factory tolerances but i might just tig it anyway , what you think ?????????
carlos fandango

rocho68 wrote:
carlos fandango wrote:Loving it Rocho :D :D
hi carlos , the cranks a maz that paul at pjs done for me but told me it didnt need welding as its to factory tolerances but i might just tig it anyway , what you think ?????????
Oh :) it looked like the AF one i had in my rb20 first it twisted after 600miles so had it welded, then after 1500miles the big end cage collapsed on the way back from the IOW :shock: :twisted: thats with only 20hp fair play to AF though they replaced the lot (well almost) :D

This is one of the things ive been wondering about? its probably obvious :?

Q. Why are crank pins just an interference fit ? Why dont they have a spline or keyway or something?
The only thing i can think of, is its simple and easy to true up?
Perhaps i should start another thread and not hijack yours :? :oops:
Russ
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
guygrrr
Main scooter: 1980 Vespa P187

boy, this is really coming together.
what's the spec on the crank yr using? stroke and rod? how much material did you mill off the case? what are you planning on doing with the frame to account for clearance for the carb?

keep up the good work, this is great!
----------------------
more can do, less doodoo.
rocho68
Dealer

The stroke is 58mm with a 110 yam rod ....
Adspeed

This was mine I did yonks ago......never got round to finishing it. Everynow and again it gets dragged out measured up and....well thats about it!!

ImageImage

Decided to use a packer setup to adjust the port times as I need'em. The picture above needs another packer its just bolted together for a pic. The packer will put the reed just far enough away from the engine mount bolt, although frame mods are required for the inlet.......whats ya plans re the frame on yours pal?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information