step by step watercooled lambretta kdx220 setup

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
soullad
Dealer

Had a read thru of this thread again. Before you go any further are you sure the crank you are using will be upto the job? Why didn't you fit the KX crank? After comparing the 2 side by side and having a crank pin snap on the enduro motor I know which one will be getting fitted next.
RICSPEED

i think he may have got beyond the point were he could fit the kdx crank as wide webs would push the piston centre line over and the gasket face is welded now
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
rocho68
Dealer

soullad wrote:Had a read thru of this thread again. Before you go any further are you sure the crank you are using will be upto the job? Why didn't you fit the KX crank? After comparing the 2 side by side and having a crank pin snap on the enduro motor I know which one will be getting fitted next.
first of all sorry for no updates but ive been concentrating on my clutches but hope to pick up the pace over the next week or so !! , as for the crank this was something i looked at but not something i was intrested in doing both in terms of time and money , my mate has one like this and believe me , this is not a simple engineering job even for somebody doing it for themselves , high bhp motors run jap conroded cranks fine so im really ok with the crank , if it breaks then so be it s**t happens !!! ;)
heres my mates that im currently working on .............
RICSPEED

is he having a forward facing shock or just a way of fitting a down draught carb ???
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
rocho68
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:is he having a forward facing shock or just a way of fitting a down draught carb ???
both !!! ;)
soullad
Dealer

RICSPEED wrote:i think he may have got beyond the point were he could fit the kdx crank as wide webs would push the piston centre line over and the gasket face is welded now
Machining both sides removes this issue, and allows you to run an external drive side seal. The mag side is a touch trickier but I think its worth it. A decent crank should be the heart of any motor, capable of withstanding anything the top end can throw at it.
What would you reckon the power output of this unit will be? 40 hp? A smooth delivery of this power, helped by a sympathetic pipe design (like Marks DAC) would help the crank / clutch cope with this but I'd hate for all that work to be compromised, thats all. ;)
two-stroke
noob
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 1S KDX200

very interesting, nice work & intelligent solutions :fb:
Ciao gerardo
RBG

Hows the build going and have you made up any cases up for us lot wanting a go at our own?
sonicdave

here's a vid shot from my kdx232
http://youtu.be/mzGKIaFmwu8
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

sonicdave wrote:here's a vid shot from my kdx232
http://youtu.be/mzGKIaFmwu8
The engine sounds really crisp and responsive; what camera did you use to record the video with; it's very clear with good sound; was it a Go Pro?
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information