sterling exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

hi, anyone got any info on them ? i know they are meant to be a copy of the pm, but want to know were they make there power cheers
Booby

Had one on my Imola kit. Took it to reedspeed & It made 19Hp on his dyno. Went really well Great top end power.
Then after about 1500 miles it started blowing. When I checked it out and took it off it snapped in half on one of the joints.
Never learn myself, but you're better off in the long run paying the extra dollar & getting the real deal, but it worked really well and maybe mine was a one off.
Who holds the scooterotica Key.....Dan does! ;0)
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

yes they are very cheap a shop is selling them for £100 to fit a rb so was just wondering what they were like
rocho68
Dealer

dont see the point of anyone spending all that money on an rb kit then stickin a stirling on it !!!! :o
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I used one on an Imola to great effect, no problem with it. Made the gearing taller and fitted an exhaust that was 3 times the price and killed it's performance. Gearing is critical with revvy exhausts like the Sterling or ScootRS, don't go higher than 5.2 final drive. Don't know of any of the Viet companies offering these exhausts in RB guise so it may have been adapted over here.
lamblast

ive got one on my stage 4 200 vega its converted to solid mount and dj tail pipe brilliant exhaust it runs 5.2 gearing flys up hills in 4th
noggin1969

It killed the top end on my TS1 soon got a JL3 , ok as an emergency stop gap though
Has a mind full of useless s**t and isn't afraid to use it !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information