SPARK MAGNIFIER!!!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Ian Hepworth wrote:

Running at 23 degrees makes the engine easier to kick over and gives good low down power but with today's fuels the engine gets too hot. Running at 17-19 degrees you get good power higher up but the engine is harder to kick.

With the advance retard systems you get the best of both worlds.
But looking at the curves for the Smartbooster is this the way it works? It looks like the ignition timing is fully advanced at kickover and only retards to 23 degrees at 2000rpm. This would give the lowdown power but not the easier kick over surely?
Anyway really interested in seeing the dyno results as it looks like a nice product.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Is this another unit like the agusto and mtech or does it have any other advantages over those?
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

Minority wrote:
Ian Hepworth wrote:

Running at 23 degrees makes the engine easier to kick over and gives good low down power but with today's fuels the engine gets too hot. Running at 17-19 degrees you get good power higher up but the engine is harder to kick.

But looking at the curves for the Smartbooster is this the way it works? It looks like the ignition timing is fully advanced at kickover and only retards to 23 degrees at 2000rpm. This would give the lowdown power but not the easier kick over surely?
Anyway really interested in seeing the dyno results as it looks like a nice product.
me thinks it wud giv an easier kick over :?:
C’est la vie
coaster

Muppet wrote:
That's what I was thinking, more static advance would surely make it harder to kick over i.e. more tendency to kick back :? Might actually make it start easier though?

Happy to be corrected as ever ;)
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Muppet wrote:
Minority wrote:
Ian Hepworth wrote:

Oops :oops:
What I meant to say was " It looks like the ignition timing is fully retarded at kickover and only advances to 23/25 degrees at 2000rpm".

As Coaster said "happy to be corrected", just like to know what gives easier kickover more advance (23/25 degrees) or less advance 15 degrees. :?:
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

Got mine yesterday, went out on the scooter today, it works ok. I didnt notice a massive difference as I have run my scooter with an agusto for 2 years, However it does as it says. It advances at tickover, goes to ur static setting at around 2 - 4000 revs and the retards as the revs build. Ill have a play with it a bit more next week. Easy to fit as well. My only criticism is the dial is tiny like the mtech one.
KTy
Main scooter: PX200, VNB177, T5, 150GS, V5A,

Just realizing jonashford is talking about a Smart Booster, not a Spark Magnifier... ! :mrgreen:

Anyway, both are soldout (multiple times since 2013), BUT, both are coming back this summer ! 8-)

Check the new website with some pretty cool surprises 8-)

Last word regarding shipping: consider "standard" (against economy) for North America - Seems like the local posts (Canada in the first place) is doing everything to slow down deliveries (we ship from Singapore). For EU and rest of the world, Economy is really a good deal. :idea:
KTy
- www.kytronik.com
- My forum: scootentole.org
- French Racing series: challenge.scootentole.org - ESC compatible !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information