Electronic stator

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
scooterspy

Looking to convert my 6v DC Italian Electronic to 12v DC as I want better lights etc, I think the options are; -

1. buy a brand new kit - can anyone recommend one?
2. convert my stator to 12v - which I'd prefer not to do in case I decide to go back to 6v.
3. fit an Indian stator and use the Italian electronic flywheel - has anyone done this, does it work ok, did it involve any machining to make it all fit, and which stator did you use?

I'd prefer to go for Option 3 if possible.

Cheers
Supereibar

I wouldnt understand why option 3 wouldn't work, althou you would probably need to replace the coil as well with a 12v elec. vespa one. Shame they don't make them in red, so it will go well with your electronic.

The reason I think it will work is because the popular 12v conversions in the 60's worked using the same flywheels. I don't see a reason why this isn't the same case. All the flywheel does is produce the electromagnetism with its turning.

Defo the cheapest option as well and probably the best run for your dosh if you just want a cruiser that starts every time.

Regards,

Jaime
shocky

why not just fit a 12v regulator most points igns give about 30v unregulated ,the reg option has been a good upgrade for me in the past on points
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Supereibar

Stevo has his thinking cap today :wink:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information