Lambretta MB-Speedo (digital) project cancelled ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Soulpunk

some time ago mb announced a digital lambretta speedo in size of the original with rev-counter-function. its more than a year ago and scooter center also hasn´t got any. i wanted to buy one, but the idea production seems cancelled. has anyone any infos why it has been cancelled or will they produce another model ?
Soulpunk

thanks. but will there ever be a working 2nd batch or is the project cancelled ?
Ian Hepworth

Soulpunk wrote:thanks. but will there ever be a working 2nd batch or is the project cancelled ?
Have you asked MB or did you just jump to a conclusion?

There have been problems with several of the first batch which involves the speedo reading going up and down with the revs when the scooter is stationary. A few have gone back to the manufacturer and we are going to test a few ourselves to see if we can replicate the problem.
Soulpunk

i didn´t speak to mb. i thought the project is dumped as i can´t order the speedo for some time now from scooter-center. not 100% sure i am asking here as i would like to order one...
pompeyts1

I should be on the waiting list for one of these ,when i spoke to mb a few weeks ago i was told they would be ready around september time!
Train Driver

I was lucky to have one of the first batch but like others have said the rev counter wouldn't work the speedo registered speed at a standstill but i spoke to the guys at Mb who offered advice then agreed i should have a full refund i even spoke to mark about it, i now think it was probably the lambretta electrics.
Mark did say they were not abandoning the project they just needed to let the manufactures know that their state of the art electronics were going to be fitted to machines from the middle of last century.

these guys could help Mb developments
01709 869756 or mark@mbdevelopments.co.uk

but mark does go on :lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information