cylinder identifacation

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bootros

camel

the kits were made in limited numbers to various specs on both 150/200 cases,in an interview with scootering magazine martin cook explained the chiselspeed challenger kit came out roughly the same time as the ts1 kit,which for the performance and price was a far better option than the challenger,so it never really got off the ground,i bought a bike a few years ago with a 205 honda pistoned challenger kit on.like you i bought an unknown quantity.i never got it to run right,tried diff carb,pipes etc,we suspected the bore was oval after speaking to martin at a race meeting and giving him the symtoms.we decided to not spend money on the kit being an unknown quantity and swapping casings and barrel to a more conventional tune,now im not saying the kit is bad,only thats this is the option we took.
barneypeter

thanks camel for info new it was quick never had a problem until now stripping exhaust stud what is diameter of honda 205 piston as i have a bore of 65mm ,is that a max bore for this as this too is on 125 casings and stud spacing ,did these run on standard con rods ,lots of qs i know but while theres an interestin the thread getting them in quick .also if a worse case senario at some point when a new cylinder is required would i t be possible to use the reed valve on another cylinder.thanks for your help,i am going to start a thread named challenger kit might ring a few bells for ppl,can you recall when article was in scootering cheers peter
barneypeter

been round to garage as was gettin dark when i stripped barrell off piston has +1.50 stamped on it conrod is stamped mmc i see casing is welded alot to accomodate ports does this mean it is no good apart from with this kit
barneypeter

just spoken to harry runs yamaha piston and kit can be resleeved so well chuffed as life left in my kit after all :D
barneypeter

barrell and piston along with inlet and reedvalve now with harry having new piston and a little porting done so should be back in business again soon ,thanks for all the help and contact info
barneypeter

now have engine bit n peices back from mr barlow ,new piston and rings barrell honed ,fitted it all last night and started first kick so spec i now know ,150 casing bored to 66mm to give 198cc rd 350 piston modded and skirt shortened to suit rd350 reedblock 34 mm carb although advised to come down to 30mm,not been out yet was running without headgasket but one fitted now will have to seeif theres a drop in performance ,any info on jet sizes on a 30mm phbh on this challenger kit would be great
shocky

nice result any sort of brakedown of prices for the work done :oops:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
barneypeter

very reasonable price and you know its going to be right when harry has done it,looking at having a new pipe for it made by harry in near future
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information