Yamaha R1 Shock Question?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Gsvespa

has anyone heard of the r1 shocks snapping or breaking when fitted to a lambretta? I recall reading about them being a problem, but can't find that info now?

I am a pretty Fat b@5t@rd & don't want to take any chances.

Thanks,

Bill
sean brady scooters
Dealer

we have covered this topic/issue before on here...have you tried a "search"..?

heres one
http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... er&start=0
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
shocky

only if you use metal bushes and do the shock up with out half nylocks the same as the taffspeed.bgm,readspeed or GAZ ones if there fitted incorrectly
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Gsvespa

Thanks for the help!

I've got the Clauss studio nylon bushings...not metal....

Is there a rule of thumb for the amount of play you want between the nut & shock top?
shocky

none just tighten the nut till it bites when u push down on the scoot you should see the shock eye rotate slightly i found(having imported 100 sets) that the clauss bushes are very soft and have a tendency to crumble if you have any probs with stripping the shock or fitting a new spring call me on 07756974741 as ive dona few ............hundred of these in the last 5 or so years :D
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information